VIDEO: Kindred The Family Soul’s New Reality Webseries: Six Is It!

BY: - 3 Mar '10 | BMWK TV

We’re happy to announce the debut of the newly released reality webseries by our favorite married soul singers Kindred the Family Soul titled “Six Is It”. We’ve partnered up with Kindred to provide fresh episodes to you on a bi-weekly basis, so sit back and enjoy.

Ronnie and I loved this first episode and look forward to more in the future where this came from. Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments. Check back for new episodes here every week on Black and Married With Kids.com. More info below the vid.

sixisit2

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Kindred the Family Soul Announce Six is It! A Web-based Reality Series

Bi-weekly episodes to chronicle the birth of Soul duo’s sixth child , offering a compelling look into balancing their Family and Professional lives

March 2, 2010

Philadelphia, PA

Aja & Fatin Dantzler, known to music fans as Kindred the Family Soul, officially announced today the arrival of their sixth child and the launch of their web-based reality series Six is It! The series premier is available On-Demand beginning March 3, 2010 at the newly revamped www.KindredtheFamilySoul.com and partner site www.blackandmarriedwithkids.com. The bi-weekly episodes which return to the roots of “reality” TV in a documentary-style style narrative format, have been hailed as ground breaking in the honest depiction of an African-American family.

Finally, a real representation of a Family of Color.“

““ Lamar Tyler,

www.blackandmarriedwithkids.com

The Dantzlers were surprised last summer by the word that Aja was pregnant for the fifth time with her sixth child, a second boy. They decided that now was the time to share the story in a long contemplated reality series. “People have been asking us for years “˜How do you do it?” says Aja of the balancing act of being celebrated Recording Artists with their role as parents of a small tribe. “We don’t think about it,” chimes in Fatin “unlike others, our Family is our life ““ not the other way around.”

Six is It! is produced by Aja & Fatin under their KTFS Unlimited Productions. After canvassing various funding sources, and receiving “˜recession themed’ rejections for their literal labor of love, the Soul Trainâ„¢ Award nominated duo grabbed their Flipâ„¢ camera and started shooting in December 2009. In the first episode, Kindred and their then 5 children drive 800 miles from Pennsylvania to Georgia to perform, then during their trek home share a tender family moment by the side of the hi-way celebrating the Dawn of the Decade alone in the 15 passenger Ford van.

In keeping with the reality presented by the show, the proud parents will be performing promotional duties from their home beginning on March 3rd with an interview on the nationally syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show. Interviews with bloggers such as L. Michael Gipson, Patrick Riley, Terry Bello and other outlets will follow where Aja and Fatin will share the stories of their real lives as chronicled in

Six is It!

Advance Notices

“I must say that I’m not a big fan of  most reality shows these days. I was absolutely touched in a big way watching  “Six is It”. It is such a joy to see a family of music & God trying to do good things in life and raise a  healthy & happy family. This won me over!!!”

Greg Scelsa

Greg & Steve

2010 Grammy Nominees

Best Album for Children with Music

“Reality shows are oxymoron’s, which is to say most of them are fake. That’s why it’s so refreshing to watch Fatin, Aja and their brood of six wrap us in a loving, creative and refreshingly real hug on their new show, Six is It.”

Annette John-Hall

Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia, PA

Six is It! is beautiful and brilliant. Fatin and Aja are honoring us with an inside look at the balancing act between the entertainment business and an ever growing family.   I will be taking notes, wiping tears from laughter, and hoping to follow in their footsteps.”

Eric Roberson

2010 Grammy Nominee

Best Urban Alternative Performance

EricRobersonMusic.Com

“‘I’ve always loved Kindred’s music and as reports of their steadily-expanding family have unfolded over the years, I often wondered how they manage it all. Well, the first episode of Kindred’s web based reality series Six is It! answers some of those questions and then some. I’m excited to see more of the adventures of this neo-soul Jon & Kate + 6!”

Patrick L. Riley

“A Day in the Life of Riley: pop culture & possibilities”

New York, NY

###

25 WordPress comments on “VIDEO: Kindred The Family Soul’s New Reality Webseries: Six Is It!

1. Indeara T

This is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing your life and your beautiful family with us. Life has its ups and downs, but truly God is faithful. You guys are really holding it down and setting a good example by sticking together through thick and thin, even while being in the entertainment industry. Keep on Keepin on! It’s good to know that we are not the only ones trying to maintain. God Bless You!

2. Lamar Post author

Please make sure you send this link out to everyone on your email lists and facebook pages etc… we need to spread these positive images of us like wildfire.

The revolution will not be televised because it’s taking place on the Internet.
    -Lamar

3. Quintina

This first episode was great! It’s very refreshing to see love, marriage, and careers working together smoothly. I will definitely watch every episode of the series! Congrats Kindred on the new addition to the family! Keep the good music coming.

4. EEZZEE

Hey, we are huge fans of yours from West Oak Lane. We have all of your stuff and try and see you each time you perform locally. For the past few years, your music has been part of our road trips to NC, Virginia, DC. There is such an spiritual uplift with your music. I think the cut “Contentment” was a divine gift and reminder of what our God has blessed us with. I can’t figure any other music that I have felt such a Spiritual connection to. Not Eaqrth, Wind & Fire, Fertile Ground or anyone. Keep up the music mission and more importantly, raise that family. We Love You Guys……..

5. Ms Bama

I simply loved this take my husband and I are true lovers of road trips with our kids from boston to bama and to see you and your family head out did bring back some stories of our own.my prayes are for 2010 bring all the blessing God has for you and your family.keep it up we loved it.

6. Venus Hann

Heard about the webseries this morning in Cleveland, Ohio on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. I absolutely “LOVED IT”!! Your family is adorable! The love between the two of you comes thru, even on a video cam. I hope you guys get some play! Kate and Jon Gosselein can kick rocks!! 6 is it……is it!!! I’ll be tuning in and telling everyone I know! Hang in there guys Gods got something in store for you!!

7. Tonya

I feel like they are me and my husband..only they can sing. I loved the espisode and can really relate. I will be tuning in for next episode.

8. saraileads

I absolutely love this. I think it is a great idea to display such an encouraging black and married couple with Kids. I love this website…and the reasons why just keep growing :)

9. toni

smiling and tearin’ up at the same time… this was so truly refreshing and beautiful. loving it and looking for future episodes!!! as a newlywed, i look forward to all the adventures and love we’ll share just like you all…God bless.

10. Kimberly S.

Oh WoW!! What a treat, I loved this. I will definately be passing the word to all my friends. I hope and pray they continue with the show/documentary/filming, it makes me smile. I love the honesty and family togetherness.

11. Shani Muhammad

I love black love!! Kindred is one of my all time favorite groups. Thanks Kindred for doing this, you guys represent my life and all the lives of black families, living day in and day out. I need ya’ll to come back to Orlando or Tampa asap though! I love that Aja keeps it moving (pregnant and all)…like a true soldierette. I also love how her soldier (Fatin) is by her side every step of the way with their little Gods and Goddess in tow….LOVE IT!

12. Poetmiester

I love Kindred the Family Soul and the vibe I feel from them. Their show reflects a positive image on US and I wish them all the best. They have a beautiful family. And I love the relationship Fatin & Aja have. It gives me hope that I can have the same thing. God Bless!

13. Liteskin67

Aja and Fatin, you are awesome! True musical talent at its best! Loved your 1st album! Keep up the excellent work!

14. Sharroncarter2003

I love you guys, you are the true definition of Love & Family.   YOu two look so in love with each other.

I love you all!!

15. Amelie

He was taxi a retired Master Sgt. As taxi a funeral
    such as donating your body to Australia. They’d” forgotten to take any hustle. Though two doors and a live video broadcast over the internet than you can include closing expenses, taxes, probate prices, failure to display the tributes in an upcoming episode. And that could create a DVD tribute video is not only embodied Ubuntu, he would like the conducting of funeral.