VIDEO: Trinity UCC Married Couples Ministry Dance Shuts It Down!!!

BY: - 24 Aug '10 | Best of BMWK

Still one of the best viral videos ever! Watch as the Trinity UCC Married Couples Ministry shuts it down!

ALSO SEE THEIR LATEST VIDEO FROM 2013: Trinity UCC Married Couples Ministry Dance Does It Again!

BMWK Staff wrote 873 articles on this blog.

Content and articles from the staff and guest contributors of BlackandMarriedWithKids.com

230 WordPress comments on “VIDEO: Trinity UCC Married Couples Ministry Dance Shuts It Down!!!

1. mochamom_of_3

You do know this website is titled blackandmarriedwithkids right? And it’s goal is to highlight and promote marriage between black people right? Alright…just checking.

2. Renee

A FRIEND SENT ME HIS VIDEO A MONTH AGO AND I HAVE WATCHED IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN. IT IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I AM THANKFUL FOR HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE THESE COUPLES EXPRESS THEIR LOVE TO EACH OTHER. I ONLY PRAY THAT I WILL ONE DAY EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF INTIMACY AND ROMANCE. GOD BLESS!

3. Annie Catherine Jones

This was the best email I have ever received! Right on Sisters and Brothers at Trinity! To Rev. Moss, my former Pastor, I am so proud of you and what you stand for. Keep it up Trinity. We need more of this. God Bless the African American Family!
    Annie Jones, Augusta

4. Jlmarshburn

God is God alone and nobody I mean nobody knows God’s mind. His thought are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways. Remember God sent His Son to save all of us not just a few for all of us are full of sin. God gives all of us gifts everyone of us not just a few. He gave Babyface a gift of music we call secular but God gave him that gift and here you are saying it should not be in Church I mean satan’s in Church and you don’t try to put him out!!!

5. Jehovah Jireh777

This is truly a blessing of God! Most of the negative comments on here probably belong to divorce attorneys who stand to lose money, or people that have possibly counselled their flock incorrectly. How can you ridicule something that shows how wonderful marriage is? The Word of God clearly defines marriage as a Sacred and Holy Union that no man should put assunder. We need to continuously have these types of ministries to strengthen our churches. Yes this is ministry in its most true form. Keep letting God use you!

6. Jasmine

GOD IS LOVE!!!!! this is a beautiful dance and yes it is ministry! We need to stop putting God in a box and let HIM be exactly who he is I AM…. how God chooses to minister to His people is all Him. But how this minister to you does not change the fact that it is ministry . but if you cant see this for what is truly is.. God’s love then there is a personal problem ( speaking in love). People need to see the covenant of marriage and how God honors it. Now it does not matter who sung the song, whether it was babyface or cece winans.. the message was still love! AND THIS WAS WELL NEEDED TO BE MINISTERED IN THE BODY OF CHRIST!!! GOD IS A RELATIONSHIP NOT A RELIGION! HE’S REVEALED THROUGH YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM= PRAYER TIME, DEVOTIONAL TIME, PRIVATE TIME AND IN WORSHIP, NOT THROUGH MAN RULES AND REGULATIONS ON WHO HE IS AND WHO HE CAN BECOME= RELIGION

THIS IS MINISTRY AND VERY WELL APPRECIATED THANKS TRINITY UCC

7. Misplacedmommy

This made cry. I want this so badly. You can see the love these men have for their wives, and I wish I had that.

8. Shamara Paul

This was sooo beautiful I almost got misty, I mean not only do I loVe that song but those older couples took the cake. WOWWWWWWAH!!!

9. KATHLEEN

THIS IS THE MOST GOD TOUCHING VIDEO, YOU CAN FEEL THE LOVE AS YOU WATCH THIS. IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND HOW WE AS PEOPLE CAN OPENLY EXPRESS OUR LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER IN THE PUBLIC EYE’S. A TRUE BLESSING FROM GOD….. (AMEN )

10. Pingback: BlackandMarriedWithKids.com Top 5 Viral Videos of 2011 | Black and Married With Kids.com - A Positive Image of Marriage and Family

11. Kingofheartz7

In the old standards of the “church” such would not be allowed or frowned upon. But, this was done in class and taste. I commend the couples for the time spent learning the routine in itself. As a clergyman, I would appreciate whatever a couple do to enhance the romance in their marriage. As scripture goes, marriage is honorable and the bed undefiled. If it works for them then do it.

12. Rcooper

Ignorant is more like it. When did preaching the gospel become inadequate? Gimmicks and showcasing of man has replaced the gospel of Christ of which many have died for. Please take this kind of stuff to the community center where it belongs. Look at the church folk. Is African attire a priority or is it the Word of God?

13. JeremiahCryingInTheWilderness

No one is saying that marriage is not from God and love between a husband and wife is not a good thing. God also sanctioned married couples to be fruitful and multiply, but a married couple having sex in the church is not appropriate. The issue is that when you read the Old Testament the temple, the place that “housed” God was where you gave the Creator the ultimate respect. Jesus threw money lenders out of the temple because you should not do EVERYTHING in the sanctuary of God. If this had been in another part of the church..fine. But in front of the altar dancing to Babyface was not a sanctuary activity. Our lack of respect and fear of God is the reason the Black church no longer LEADS the Black community, but simply follows the trends of the secular world. Again, great display of strong Black marriages…wrong place to do it.

I appreciated the video and its message …..I think the greater WRONG is how we try to box the message of God into our individual institutionalized thought process. Point one….God is in the heart of the people and not on a table at the church house…ever since the veil of theold testament concept of the temple ane place God lived was RENT…..Point two…..the black church has lost its power because it has failed to display more of what OUR community needs. We can have these feminized

I appreciated the video and its message …..I think the greater WRONG is how we try to box the message of God into our individual institutionalized thought process. Point one….God is in the heart of the people and not on a table at the church house…ever since the veil of the old testament concept of the temple and place God lived was RENT…..Point two…..the black church has lost its power because it has failed to display more of what OUR community needs. A praise dance from the kids and from the little boys miming around is cool in the santuary but not from the distinguished examples of solidly married black couples ….wow!?!?!. Point three…..music in the black has questionable since Mahalia Jackson introduced the blues beat to the sanctuary back in the day. The real problem aint a Baby Face song….its the fact that the church had to go to Baby Face to find a song that suppots love in the christian marraige. Absolutely appropriate and definitely in the right place……God bless Pastor Moss

14. Michelle

I think this was a beautiful idea. I think the song that was chosen did gave honor to God cause Baby Face did say I thank God…..,I’m not saying just because a song has God in it makes it a gospel, but the song clearly show him acknowledging and appreciating the love God gave him. And think about it, how many weddings have been played at the altar in the sanctuary for cardigan that honored the lover or each other without giving reference to God? My answer is plenty.

First of all people. …sometime people can be so Holy to the point of bring no earthly good. These are married couples not BOYFRIEND N GIRLFRIEND which makes the difference. There were no disrespectful dancing nor music. I have seen praise dancers dance with moves i think was inappropriate but that should have been the leaders responsibility before it went to the pastor…..but anyway. …Husband and wife do what you do and best believe….when my wife and I have our together time best believe we are not listening to Donnie Mcclurklin,Marvin Sapp or any gospel music. ..lol real talk!!! To many people miss the marriage because being caught up in the wedding!! My God!! Yazafect!!!Albany

16. Stimulin

There is nothing wrong with celebrating marriage, because marriage is between a man and woman and ordained by God. However, please understand that the sanctuary is where we worship God in spirit and truth and not a place where secular music,songs and dance are practiced. Please remember, everything has it’s place and when we use anything outside of it’s intended purpose, it is a form of abuse and rebellion against whoever created it!

17. curala powell

This praise dance was awesome, no, priceless. This really gives me an idea. Thank you trinity. It is so refreshing to see married couples dance this way. A holy dance. Wow!!!!

18. Dedra Strong Taylor

I am single but I thought that was very nice.I am not GOD i have no HEAVEN or HELL to put anybody in,So i all ask GOD to do is WORK on ME,one song writer wrote SWEEP around your own front DOOR before SWEEP around mines.ask yourself what am i doing?

19. kimberly billups

My heart moved watching this video!!! I had tears in my eyes!!! I’m going too share this!!! Great movements with the lyrics to the song!!! Wonderful…Great!!! God Bless

As a single person this was truly refreshing to see to say the least. There was nothing wrong with the song or the dances. The couples were not doing anything inappropriate at all. Just pure love for one another is what I saw. Which is what people need to see with all the dysfunction, infidelity and abuse in relationships and marriage amongst our people that we see in the magazines and t.v……this was just amazing,encouraging and uplifting. Its just funny and crazy how people immediately attacked the song instead of seeing the greater message that this was sending out.