by Lamar Tyler
Last weekend we traveled to Miami to shoot a documentary about social media and Blogalicious which is one of the most important and inspiring conferences in the country. We’ve been working with the MamaLaw Media group who organizes the conference for a while on the concept and things finally got buttoned down a few weeks back. Since GM was one of their major sponsors I was asked if I’d like to test out a new Buick since I was going to be driving my equipment down. Well… I was game but initially I had one request and one thought. My request was that the car had to be big enough to hold all of my camera equipment\gear. My thought was that I couldn’t roll into Miami looking like I was driving my Great-Auntie’s Buick. In the end I didn’t have to worry about either.
We were blown away from the moment that our 2010 Buick Enclave was delivered. Great leather upholstery, wood grain trim, two sunroofs, DVD player, XM, OnStar, 3rd row seating and wheels bigger than my 2 year old. I climbed into the drivers seat and haven’t looked back since LOL. Below are my top five things I loved about the Enclave.
1. Seating: The Enclave has 3rd row seating and we liked that. We used to have a Touareg but when the last baby came we had to get rid of it because our family was bigger than the car. The Enclave seats 7 so we’ve got enough room for the family plus a friend. LOL.
2. Trunk Space: Besides styling and profiling I was going to Miami to shoot a film so I needed to transport all of my camera gear down in one trip. Before the car arrived I was a little afraid that I wouldn’t be able to fit everything but once I laid the 3rd row down life was good. As you can see in the photo gallery getting everything in was a breeze. When we arrived the bellhop counted 18 bags that he pulled out of the car and we had even more on the way back (Ronnie’s Blogalicious Swag).
3. Wheels\Rims: Bigger than my baby girl and so shiny I could see myself LOL. I rolled up to the Ritz feeling like Kane in Menace. It’s a guy thing.
4. OnStar : I had a lunch meeting yesterday and the GPS couldn’t pull up the address as happens from time to time with all navigation systems. What did I do? Hit my trusty OnStar button and asked the guy that answered to provide directions to the restaurant. He promptly pulled them up and then downloaded them to the car. Yes to the car, amazing.
5. My favorite thing about the Enclave was just the ride. We took a similar trip to Orlando a few months back and it seemed much longer and a tougher trip even though it was 4 hours shorter. We really enjoyed getting our Bonnie and Clyde on in the Enclave. There is a distinct difference between doing a road trip and doing a road trip in style and now we know the difference. Now that the kids are getting older Ronnie is considering letting the minivan go. Hmmm the Enclave might just be an option.
We’re about to start shooting our next marriage\relationship doc in a few weeks and will be traveling to DC-Atlanta-Houston and Chicago. Wonder if they’ll let me hold the keys again?
BMWK family have you seen the new Buicks? Do you own one? Did your aunt or grand-daddy used to drive a Buick back in the day? Have you noticed that the US car manufacturers have really stepped it up over the past few years?