6 Reasons Why I am Excited To Fight Identity Theft
BMWK family, I am proud to announce that I have been selected as one of four moms to be brand ambassadors for Fellowes, Inc. This is a very exclusive group of moms that will be educated about the threat of identity theft for families and the ways to prevent this crime. We will also learn about Fellowes technologies and products. To kick off the program, the other moms and I were flown to Chicago, where we were introduced to the Fellowes brand and were given a behind-the-scenes tour of their facilities.
What I learned on the that trip made me even more excited about partnering with Fellowes to raise awareness about identity theft. So here are my top 6 reasons why I am excited about this partnership and why I think you (BMWK family) will be excited too:
- Identity Theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the US (last year over 9 million Americans were victims of this crime.)
- I will be given access to nationally-recognized identity theft speakers from the Identity Theft Resource Center, that will provide me with expert tips to share with the BMWK family on how to protect our identities. I have questions such as:
While visiting the Fellowes facilities, I learned that Fellowes is a family owned and operated business that has been delivering quality products since 1917. I learned first hand from Fellowes employees that Fellowes is a great place to work and that Fellowes cares about their employees as well as the community (via it’s numerous community service efforts.)
Fellowes is dedicated to providing products of exceptional quality as their products are designed to work properly the First Time, Every Time. As a consumer this is important to me. I want to know that my hard earned dollars are being spent on a product that is reliable and will work every time I use it.
Fellowes is dedicated to providing innovative technology. For instance, their shredders have special features, such as their Jam Blocker technology that will prevent paper jams (the #1 customer complaint with shredders) and their SafeSense technology that stops the shredder when hands touch the paper opening. As a mother with small children, I am most excited about this safety feature.
And finally, I am really excited because I will have the opportunity to try never-before-seen Fellowes shredders and will also have access to other Fellowes office equipment and items. And of course this wouldn’t be a true partnership if the BMWK family couldn’t get in on the action. So in addition to tips on how to protect your identities, we will also be giving the BMWK family an opportunity to win Fellowes shredders and office items.
- I am paying a monthly fee for a credit monitoring service, is it worth it?
- Should you ever have to pay for a credit report?
- What are the most common things that people do to expose them to identity theft?
- What are some things that people can do to prevent identity theft?
BMWK Family – Have you ever been a victim of identity theft? If yes, how did it happen? Do you have any additional questions that we should ask the experts at the Identity Theft Resource Center? Do you have any tips for preventing identity theft?