I just finished previewing the latest episode of gospel-duo Mary Mary’s hit reality show, which airs on WE TV Thursday nights at 9EST. All that I can say is wow! Season two is underway and everyone is talking about it. This latest episode really is must-see TV. Lamar and I enjoyed watching it and were able to take away a few lessons from various situations that played out in the episode. Even though they’re gospel superstars, Erica and Tina are faced with real life decisions that every wife, mother and career woman has to make at some point. Below are five tips that I learned about fostering healthy relationships from watching the episode that airs tonight.
1) Nurture your marriage: I won’t go too far into details because I don’t want to spoil the episode for you, but Erica reminded me that you need to nurture your marriage. This needs to take place even if you’re an international star that is always on the road. You can’t forget about the special moments in life or take them for granted.
2) Have someone in your corner who can be honest: Tina was doing way too much in tonight’s episode. In your life, it’s great when you can have someone like a spouse, sibling or friend that you know has your best interest in mind. That person can be honest with you and tell you what you need to hear, not necessarily what you want to hear.
3) You can’t please everyone: At times, you can try to do so much for so many people that you wear yourself out. When this happens, it takes away from your relationships with the people that are the closest to you. Once you realize you can’t please everyone, it allows you to pick your battles and hopefully be content with that.
4) Business is Business: At times, you have to draw the line between business and personal matters. Once the line is drawn, you need to make sure that it doesn’t get crossed. Healthy relationships in your business dealings are just as essential as they are in your personal life.
5) Family is not one size fits all: The sisters may have different approaches and ideas surrounding how their families and business should grow, but neither is wrong, just different. They both seem to be doing an amazing job as singers, wives and mothers. As long as the lines of communication stay open, they’ll be able to find common ground on how to move forward in unison.
Check out tonight’s episode of Mary Mary on WE TV at 9|8c.
It’s situations like these that the three-time Grammy® award-winning gospel duo Erica and Tina Campbell face in Season 2 of WE tv’s hit series Mary Mary as they balance being recording artists, mothers, and wives. MARY MARY premieres Thursday, December 6 at 10|9c and moves to its regular timeslot on Thursdays at 9|8c, beginning December 13. Watch a sneak peek here!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WE tv. The opinions and text are all mine.