The focus of my blog is flavor so naturally I was super stoked to bring to life this flavorful roasted Peruvian chicken. My family loves this dish is so much that my husband and I had to make a decision. It was either learn how to roast Peruvian chicken at home or take the family out to dinner to have this delicious experience every weekend. We chose to recreate the experience at home. That was just fine with me because I love recreating great food especially since cleanup was easy since I used Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil!
ROASTED PERUVIAN CHICKEN
1 whole chicken cut up
1 12oz bottle of corona beer
½ cup white distilled vinegar
½ cup lime juice
2-4 tbsp. dried oregano for marinade (plus 1-2 tsp. for chicken)
2-4 tbsp. dried thyme for marinade (plus 1-2 tsp. for chicken)
1-2 tbsp. sea salt for marinade (plus 1-2 tsp. for chicken)
1-2 tbsp. ground black pepper
1-2 tsp. cumin
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
A baking pan
READY, SET GO:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- To make the marinade add the beer, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, thyme, sea salt, ground black pepper, cumin and cilantro to a bowl and whisk together to create the marinade
- Clean chicken, pat dry, add to bowl/bag and pour marinade all over chicken, seal bowl/bag and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours (preferably overnight)
- Line a baking pan with the foil, place marinated chicken on lined baking pan
- Season with oregano, thyme and sea salt and place in the oven for 30 minutes skin side up, after 30 minutes remove from oven and lightly sprinkle with paprika, add back to the oven to cook an additional 15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Once baking pan cools completely CLEANUP IS VIRTUALLY ELIMINATED by balling up the foil and slam dunking that baby in the trash!
- SERVE AND ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!
Watch the Video Here:
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
“That’s How This Real Mom Does It”
like what you're reading?