This one is for my Husband! He loves cooked apples and loves apple Crostata. So I created this Raspberry Apple Croissant just for him. I am sharing with you because well it is delicious! I said “Honey should I post it on the Blog”? His answer was “For sure because this right here is a WINNER”!! I also gave some to my mother who also loved loved loved it. This dessert is a big hit for gatherings and special events! Hope you Enjoy as much as my family has!
OH YEAH BABY!
RASPBERRY APPLE CROISSANT INDULGENT
INGREDIENTS FOR CROISSANT:
2 cans of refrigerated seamless croissant/crescent dough sheets
½ stick of melted butter + 2 tbsp. melted butter (brush top after baking)
1 egg beaten + 2 tsp. water
INGREDIENTS FOR COOKED APPLES:
3 apples, peeled and sliced
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ stick softened unsalted butter
INGREDIENTS FOR RASPBERRY TOPPING
1 6 oz. bag of frozen raspberries, defrosted
½ cup water
1/3 cup granulated sugar
READY, SET GO:
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- For cooked apples, add apples, sugar, nutmeg, ground cinnamon and unsalted butter to a large skillet over medium heat, allow to cook covered for 10-15 minutes, once done set aside
- For raspberry topping, add raspberries, water and granulated sugar to medium sauce pan, bring to a boil, then turn to medium heat and allow to cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes, once done, set aside
- Line round baking tin with pan lining paper, non stick aluminum foil or parchment paper and lay one can of the seamless croissant/crescent dough to the lined round baking tin allowing some to hang over to fold over later
- Add cooked apples on top of croissant/crescent dough, place the other can of seamless croissant/crescent dough on top of cooked apples, fold any hanging dough over to completely cover cooked apples, pour unsalted melted butter all over top and brush top with egg wash
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a nice golden brown, remove from oven, brush melted butter on top, lift pan lining paper, non stick aluminum foil or parchment paper out of pan and slide Croissant/Crescent onto serving
- Slice and add raspberry topping to each slice, serves well with vanilla bean ice cream!
Now check out how it’s done by clicking the pages below.
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
like what you're reading?