Summer’s not over yet! It’s still plenty of time to put the grill to work. I don’t know about you, but even this Southern girl gets tired of baked beans and cole slaw to complement my char-grilled goodies. So, I’m on a mission to toss my veggies on the grill as well, whenever we start the fire.
First up was cabbage. This was easy and I pretty much winged it and it came out as shear perfection! In all honesty, I told my DH to do it while I ran an errand. Here’s what you need:
1 head of green cabbage
1/4 cup of melted butter
1 tsp of canola oil
1/4 cup of REAL bacon bits
1TBSP minced garlic
1/4 cup of chopped onion (we used dehydrated for time)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 Gallon Freezer/Storage bag
- Chop your cabbage in about 6-8 wedges and discard the white innermost core.
- Rinse and place leaves in a gallon Ziplock bag.
- Add all of the ingredients above to the bag of cabbage.
- Seal the bag and gently coat the cabbage with the mixture by massaging the shaking it to ensure the leaves are coated.
- Take the coated cabbage leaves and place them in aluminum foil. Laying the leaves flat.
- Fold the edges of the foil up creating an “envelope”. (Break up cabbage about 2-3 different foil envelopes.)
Add the cabbage envelopes to the grill and cook for about 30 minutes.
like what you're reading?