This was my favorite part of the movie, perhaps because it hit home for me. I cried when Caleb apologized to his wife and asked for her forgiveness. He had to truly humble his self to do that (even though he had no idea how Catherine would respond.) That spoke to me because Lamar says I have issues with apologizing (and don’t tell him I said this”....but I think he is kind of right.) I definitely need to have more humility and apologize when I am wrong.
I liked it when she said that this wasn’t normal and Caleb said, “This is the new normal”. That goes to show you that just because things have been a certain way for the last however many years in your relationship there is always possibility of change. I also liked how Caleb’s apology was selfless, it was all about humbling himself and asking his wife for forgiveness. Some of us would have asked and when she truthfully said she needed time we would have went off.
“I need a decision right now, I can’t wait, you’re lucky that I’m still here or doing all of this after I found you cheating”. Know what I’m saying? He could have done all of that but that was not his point, his point was that he was all in (poker term) when it came to getting his wife and marriage back.
1. How has God shown forgiveness to you?
2. Describe a time when you received undeserved forgiveness from someone close to you.
3. Why is forgiveness so important in a marriage relationship?
4. What are the dangers involved in not resolving an area of unforgiveness in a relationship?
5. Is there an area of unforgiveness in your life? How do you plan to deal with it?
like what you're reading?