I’m happy to announce that I was recently asked to join ConAgra Foods’ Child Hunger Ends Here Campaign as a Blogger correspondent. It didn’t take much convincing to get me to say yes and become a part of this important cause. While the attention is often on children in 3rd world and developing countries and the hunger issues that arise there we have children that are going hungry right here in the United States on a daily basis. Did you know that nearly 1 in 4 children in the United States don’t know where his next meal is coming from?
My hope is that by joining this campaign I’ll be able to lend my voice to the issue and help ConAgra with getting the word out about all of the wonderful things you can begin doing in your own community to help and make sure that our children are being fed on a daily basis. How great can our kids be on an empty stomach? We’re committed to making a direct impact and hope that you will be too.
Below are a few facts and details about what we’ll be doing. Over the next few days I’ll be sharing what happened on an amazing service filled trip I took to Los Angeles this past weekend. Also over the next few weeks we’ll be implementing various projects that you can join along in to fight child hunger in your local community.
- Nearly 1 in 4 children in the United States don’t know where his next meal is coming from. ConAgra Foods is continuing to work towards ending child hunger by joining forces with Schools Fight Hunger and Feeding America to engage families across the United States and inspire them to get involved.
- This fall, ConAgra Foods is continuing its Child Hunger Ends Here campaign by partnering with Schools Fight Hunger, and thousands of schools across the country to donate 5 million meals to Feeding America throughout the school year. The program will rally schools to participate in a nationwide food and label drive that will result in five million meals donated to America’s hungry kids.
- From August through December, there are two simple ways schools, parents and students can help end child hunger in their own communities.
- Food Drives ““ Help host or participate in school-sponsored food drives to collect food to be donated to local food banks in each community. The Child Hunger Ends Here campaign as set a nationwide goal of 2 million pounds of food for these efforts.
- Collect UPCs ““ Parents can help students collect UPC codes from participating ConAgra Foods brands. For each UPC collected, ConAgra Foods will make a monetary donation enabling Feeding America to secure one meal for those in need.
- Parents and teachers can visit ChildHungerEndsHere.com to register their school for the program. Every school that participates will be entered for a chance to win one of several prize packs, including the grand prize ““ $10,000 to fund school field trips.
Participating ConAgra Foods brands include:
o Chef Boyardee
o Healthy Choice
o Marie Callender’s
o Orville Redenbacher’s
o Peter Pan
o Snack Pack
Join the movement online:
Twitter Hashtag: #childhungerendshere
BMWK family, will you help us to fight child hunger? How has or does child hunger directly affect you? Have you ever lived in a home where there was not enough food?
like what you're reading?