This is part of a special series of recipe posts by Utokia Langley of She’s Got Flavor as we lead into Thanksgiving! Make sure you check back everyday for another recipe!
Whether it is Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or just a special dinner for family and/or friends, this gravy is perfect anytime! The first time I made this gravy, I did not use the drippings, and still the flavor was way over the top. The drippings just added to the intensity! This is for sure the type of recipe you cherish and share with friends and family. Who knew something so simple, could bring so much joy to the table.
EVERY TIME IS A PERFECT TIME FLAVORFUL GRAVY
¼ cup all-purpose flour
Half a stick of unsalted butter
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1 sprig of fresh sage
Sea salt to taste
READY, SET GO:
- Melt unsalted butter over medium high heat (do not allow to burn and if this is THANKSGIVING, add the drippings from your turkey to the melted butter)
- Add all-purpose flour and whisk until butter and butter is incorporated
- Slowly add chicken broth and continue to whisk (never stop whisking)
- Add Worcestershire sauce and continue whisking
- Add sprigs of thyme, rosemary and sage and continue whisking
- Add sea salt to taste (literally taste as you add, start with small amount until you get your desired taste and be careful when tasting – don’t forget the gravy is hot)
- Once gravy comes to a boil, turn heat down to low and allow to cook for 10 minutes while you are constantly stirring
- Drain through strainer to remove the herb sprigs and you are done
- POUR, LOVE LIFE AND ENJOY!!!
Double ingredients to make more.
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
like what you're reading?