Last week, General Mills announced that it’s Box Tops for Education program has raised over $5oo Million for schools. This program started with Box Tops on the Cheerios boxes only and has now grown to 240 participating brands with over 90,000 K-8 schools enrolled in the program. The average school earns around $900 in the program. But, there are some schools that are earning up to $20,000.
In a time where school budgets are being cut, this program has become more and more important to schools as they use this additional funding to help improve the educational experience for the kids.
School budget cuts have made the program more and more important over the years as it provides unrestricted cash to help schools with their basic operating needs and programs that would not be possible otherwise, such as field trips, textbooks, musical instruments, playground equipment, classroom technology and arts and cultural programming.
Participating in Box Tops is as easy as clipping box tops off of products that you have purchased and submitting them to your child’s school. And with over 240 participating brands in the program….you almost sure to have many of the products already in your pantry.
And in celebration of reaching more than $500 million to schools since the program started in 1996, Box Tops for Education® and its popular brand partners will stock-up the shelves of one lucky BMWK reader with some of the most trusted household brands.
Filled with delicious and nutritious snacks and meal solutions, home organizing and cleaning products and cost-cutting coupons, the Pantry Stock Up gift pack includes:
“The Winner is Wild Orchad”
- New Peanut Butter Toast Crunch® cereal
- Nature Valley® Chewy Trail Mix Dark Chocolate Cherry and Protein Salted Caramel
- Fiber One® Protein Bars
- Progresso® Recipe Starters
- Food Should Taste Good® Chips
- Green Giant Fresh® Box Tops for Education pencil pouch
- Hamburger Helper® Sweet & Sour Chicken and Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Betty Crocker® Mac & Cheese and Au Gratin potatoes
- Kleenex® wallet pack and 184 count box
- Scott® toilet paper (4 roll) and paper towel roll
- Avery® dry erase weekly calendar
- Ziploc® bowls and bags
- Yoplait® Frozen Yogurt free product coupon
- Leave a comment below letting us know what products from the list above that you look forward to using.
For Extra Entries:
- Join our email list at http://blackandmarriedwithkids.com/emailsubscription/# (Leave us a comment letting us know you did this)
- Follow @blackandmarried on Twitter (Leave us a comment letting us know you did this)
- Follow @btfe on Twitter (Leave us a comment letting us know you did this)
- Tweet: To celebrate giving schools over $500 M @BTFE & @blackandmarried are going to Stock-up your pantry. http://bit.ly/10Biqt1 #giveaway #boxtops (Leave us a comment letting us know you did this) (You can do this multiple times just leave us a comment with a link to each tweet)
- Blog about our contest and link back to this page (Leave us a comment letting us know you did this)
- Each comment will serve as an entry.
- This contest ends on Sunday January 27, 2013 at 11:59PM EST.
- One winner will be randomly selected via random.org and we’ll post the winner on this article by Wednesday August 3, 2011.
- Winners will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected so check back to see if you’ve won.
- Must be a US resident to win.
Disclosure: Lamar and I are paid spokesbloggers for the Box Tops For Education program. We will be providing information and stories throughout the school year in hopes of encouraging our community to take advantage of the millions of dollars that are being given to schools across the country each year. All opinions expressed are our very own. Information, products and promotional items have been provided by General Mills and Box Tops for Education and its program partners.
like what you're reading?