This beautiful salad was inspired by the restaurant chain Coal Fire. Honey there is nothing like eating something that melts in your mouth at a restaurant and going home to replicate it so that you can enjoy it anytime your little heart desires! BAM POW KABOOM, yep it was one of those moments! If you are allergic or just do not like pecans, you can omit them, the salad is just as good. I put them on my husband’s salad but omitted them on mine. I am not sure if it’s the combination of the shrimp and candied bacon or the lemon honey mustard dressing that puts this salad over the flavor mountain but either way, I just had to share. I hope you enjoy!!!!!!!
OH YEAH BABY!!!!!
5 INGREDIENTS MADE A BEAUTIFUL SALAD COMPOSITION
ABOUT TO BAKE UP SOME BROWN SUGAR AND MAPLE BACON LOVE
GRILLIN UP SOME SHRIMP LOVE
YA’LL KNOW I LIKE TO GET UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL – YUM!!
SHRIMP & CANDIED BACON SALAD W/ LEMON HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
SALAD INGREDIENTS (makes 2 salads):
2-4 cups chopped roman lettuce
20 cooked, deveined and peeled shrimp (10 per salad)
6-8 slices of thick pork bacon
¼ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
1 tbsp. maple syrup
¼ cup chopped raw pecans
1-2 tbsp. honey
½ cup halved grape tomatoes
1-2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
LEMON HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
½ cup mayo (I use Hellmann’s)
¼ cup Dijon country style mustard
¼ cup honey
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
READY, SET GO:
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Chop pork bacon into ¼ inch thick pieces and set aside
- In a large bowl mix (with your fingers) the brown sugar and maple syrup
- Add bacon to brown sugar mixture and toss until fully coated
- Place bacon on a foil lined baking pan and bake uncovered on 350 for 10-15 minutes (allow to sit 5 minutes after removing from the oven)
- Add chopped pecans to a foil lined baking pan and drizzle with honey, place in same 350 degree oven as bacon and bake for 1-2 minutes
- Clean shrimp, remove tails and season with sea salt and ground black pepper
- Add extra virgin olive oil to stove top grill (or outdoor grill lined with foil) and set heat to medium, add shrimp, grill shrimp 1-2 minutes on each side
- LET’S MAKE THE LEMON HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- Add the mayo, mustard, honey, lemon and extra virgin olive oil to a bowl and vigorously whisk until smooth
- TIME TO BUILD THE SALADS
- On your serving plates add lettuce, tomatoes, candied bacon, honey roasted pecans and shrimp – pour dressing in a small bowl and place on the side of each of your salads
- ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!
TIP: Double ingredients to make more
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
like what you're reading?