I love braised dishes! Hence these beautiful Spicy Orange Marmalade Baby Back Pork Ribs. I tell you … when my little creative mind gets ta twirling and my instinctive gift of flavor gets excited, something magical happens and an explosion of flavor is produced! I mean really I just sit and start to imagine what flavors would work and how I would cook it to make it juicy and what seasonings would work best, how I would baste it and how long I would cook it; I shock myself sometimes! When I tested this recipe, it was one of those out of the park hits that just…. well just makes you say “WOW soo freakin good”!
The great thing is these ribs are ready for any occasion, you can cut them up and make them into small appetizers, serve them for game night, make it a hardy dinner with a starch and veggie or make em’ for a special holiday like Christmas or a birthday! No matter when or how you decide to serve these ribs, they are sure to please! Hope you enjoy and share the recipe love!
Oh yeah baby! An entire rack of marmalade love!
Can you say J U I C Y ? Who is ready for dinner?
SPICY ORANGE MARMALADE PORK BABY BACK PORK RIBS
2 slabs of pork baby back pork ribs
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil to rub ribs (plus 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil for roasting pan)
1 tbsp. sea salt
¼ tbsp. ground black pepper
½ tbsp. dried thyme
1 tbsp. garlic powder
SPICY ORANGE MARMALADE SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
½ stick unsalted butter
2 cups orange marmalade
1 cup cream sherry
½ tbsp. sriracha for mild (1 ½ for spicy)
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
½ tbsp. sea salt
¼ cup brown sugar
READY, SET, GO:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Thoroughly clean ribs, pat dry and remove membrane (thin layer of skin) from back of ribs
- Rub ribs with extra virgin olive oil and season on both sides with sea salt, ground black pepper, dried thyme and garlic powder
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a large heavy bottom roasting pan or dutch oven pan (that has a cover) over high heat and sear ribs on both sides – 5-7 minutes on each side
- LETS MAKE THE SPICY ORANGE MARMALADE SAUCE – in medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter, once butter is melted, add in orange marmalade, cream sherry, sriracha, apple cider vinegar, sea salt and brown sugar – cook for 3-6 minutes (whisking every 2 minutes or so)
- Pour ¾ spicy orange marmalade sauce over ribs, place cover on roasting pan/dutch oven pan, put in oven and allow to braise for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- After one hour and 30 minutes uncover and baste ribs with remaining spicy orange marmalade sauce and continue to braise in oven uncovered for an additional 8-10 minutes until sauce is sticky and caramelized but be careful not to burn
- Remove ribs from oven and allow to rest in pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer ribs to cutting board, cut into pieces in between 1-2 bones and baste ribs with sauce left in the roasting pan right before serving
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
like what you're reading?