If you were given the opportunity, what travel related questions would you ask the First Lady? Well, students from around the world were given that opportunity and they asked FLOTUS some pretty good questions and she, in turn, gave some great travel advice.
First Lady even revealed what city/country was the destination on her very first school trip which was also her very first passport stamp. She also revealed that she was very emotional and afraid to ask her Father if she could go. He said yes and the adventure began. (lol)
It was a fun interview and here are our favorite travel tips from First Lady Michelle Obama:
- Put your education first, but seize the opportunity to travel when it presents itself. Traveling makes us better, smarter and more well-rounded people.
- Shake the fear! Don’t be afraid to travel abroad and don’t be afraid to ask your parents (even if it’s expensive) if you can go on that school trip. Every parent wants their child/children to see the world and broaden their horizons and vice versa. Parents want to share the world with their children.
- Be open and enter the experience with no preconceived notions about the destination that you are visiting.
- Be respectful of the people and the culture you’re visiting. If residents/locals see that you are trying and respectful of their country and culture, they will be willing to help you.
- Eat your vegetables even on vacation. (lol)
For more fabulous travel advice from First Lady Michelle Obama, watch the entire video right here…
BMWK family what advice would you give your child/children on their first school trip (without you)?
like what you're reading?