Vacations are a favorite summer activity for everyone. To enjoy a really nice vacation to a destination that the entire family wants to visit can sometimes take 6 months to a year of planning and saving. What happens when you are actually on vacation? Over spending! A lot of families and travelers in general tend to spend the money they saved from planning a vacation and then some while vacationing. We have a few fabulous tips that will help ensure that you don’t break the budget while on vacation.
Here are our top 5 on-vacation budget savers…
- Avoid costly cab rides and car rental fees. Choose your resorts and hotels wisely my friends. (lol) Eliminate cab/car rental fees by picking a resort/hotel that offers free shuttle service to and from the airport. If you are visiting a major theme park on vacation (i.e. Disney World), pick a resort that offers free shuttle service to and from the park.
- Don’t travel hungry! You know the old adage…Don’t go grocery shopping hungry because you’ll buy a lot of unnecessary junk. Same principle applies on vacation. Don’t arrive at the theme park hungry. You and your kids will want everything in sight from funnel cakes to pizza. If a rental car is part of your vacation package, pack a cooler filled with water and family favorite drinks. Also take your favorite snacks along in convenient travel sizes.
- Eat Budget Smart. We all love to try new restaurants when on vacation. But if you are traveling with kids, dining at a high end pricey restaurant is not an option. Eat at kid friendly restaurants and family favorites that have ‘2 for’ specials.
- Sight-see for free! Take advantage of the free local attractions, museums and festivals in your vacation city.
- Skip the souvenirs. Does Grandma really need another refrigerator magnet, t-shirt or totebag? Skip the souvenirs and save yourself even more money.
Remember credit cards are for emergencies. That designer bag marked down that you found in the outlets next to your resort is not a real ‘emergency.’ (LOL) Also remember that life continues after vacation, spend wisely friends!
like what you're reading?