Crab Balls, let me count the reasons I love you!!!! Oh that’s right it’s infinity, HA! Yes I am a huge fan of crab balls. Well.. well I love crab everything, whole crab, crab legs, crab cakes, crab everything!! If you don’t believe me just check out my recipes for buttery garlic crab legs, my crab cakes with corn relish and delicious crab pie! But these little babies have got to be one of my all time favorites! And the Sriracha dippin sauce just takes it over the flavor top and back around… WHEW! And the southwestern flare just pumps up the flavor and ya’ll know that’s what I live to do!!!!
Fresh Ingredients = Loads of Flavor.
Look how well they bath in the flavor together!
Oh Yeah Baby!
SOUTHWESTERN CRAB BALLS WITH SRIRACHA DIPPIN SAUCE
CRAB BALLS INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. lump crab
Canola oil (enough to fill skillet quarter way up + 2 tbsp.)
¾ cup finely diced red bell peppers
½ cup finely diced red onions
1 cup cooked and cooled corn
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 beaten eggs
1 cup crushed crackers (I used Ritz)
2 tsp. worcestershire
1 tbsp. country Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. mayo (I used Hellmann’s)
1-2 tsp. sea salt
1-2 tsp. black pepper
1-2 tsp. crushed garlic
Juice of 1 lime (or ¼ cup fresh lime juice in the bottle)
SRIRACHA SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup mayo
4 tbsp. sriracha
6 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
READY, SET GO:
- Pre-heat 2 tbsp. canola oil in skillet over medium heat
- Add red bell peppers, red onions, corn, sea salt, black pepper, and crushed garlic to skillet and allow to saute for 1-2 minutes, stir then add the cilantro and allow to continue sauteing for 30-40 seconds to make the veggie mixture, remove from heat and allow to cool
- In a separate bowl add the crab meat, crushed crackers, worcestershire, Dijon mustard, Mayo, Juice of one lime and the veggie mixture, fold together gently so you do not break the crab meat up too much, then add beaten eggs at end and fold together to make the crab mixture
- Add canola oil to skillet pan about quarter the way up and pre-heat to medium high
- Use large spoon or small ice cream scooper to measure out portions of the crab mixture and use your hands to roll into balls
- Turn skillet heat down to medium and carefully put each crab ball in the skillet, I used a long spoon to put them in so I would not burn my fingers, allow to cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- LET’S MAKE THE SRIRACHA DIPPIN SAUCE: Add all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until incorporated
- ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!
Double ingredients to make more
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
like what you're reading?