Homemade Ice Cream using only fruit, coconut milk and dark chocolate? Healthy Ice Cream and GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE! I love Cherry Garcia from Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream so this is my twist, it’s the fruit with the chocolate chunks that made me say WHOOP WHOOP!
Yep I have officially created a new addiction ~ and WITHOUT THE GUILT to boot! I had no freakin idea it would taste this good! And to me the strawberries with the chocolate taste even better than the cherry with chocolate ~ can you say chocolate strawberries? And then let us dare not forget the banana, the banana honey is just hitting me at the end note and just melting in my mouth, it’s hard to explain in words, you have GOT TO try it for yourself!
AND this has NO added PRESERVATIVES. Did I already mention there are only 4 ingredients? I mean really it’s healthy ice cream you are supposed to sacrifice some taste right? NOPE … I was licking the bowl ~ LITERALLY!
Oh Yeah Baby!
Sometimes Simple Will Make Spectacular!
About to make flavor magic!
Just a bit of beautiful dark chocolate!
Can you say YUM to the CHUNKS!
Smooth & Creamy!
Ummm Droolin to the MAX!
The perfect combo!
Ready to freeze – soon to be scoops of heaven!
DARK CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM MADE HEALTHY WITH ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS & GLUTEN FREE
1 ½ cups of frozen strawberries (plus 8 – 10 finely diced fresh strawberries)
2 sliced frozen bananas
1/3 cup coconut milk
½ of a 20 oz. bag of Dark Chocolate Morsels (or you can melt the whole bag and freeze some for your next batch)
READY, SET GO:
- Line baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper
- Place dark chocolate and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a microwavable bowl and heat in microwave for 1 minute
- After first minute in the microwave, remove and stir, repeat this process in 15 second intervals until chocolate is melted, removing the bowl each time to stir
- Pour melted dark chocolate onto baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle shape (do not spread too thin)
- Place the baking sheet with chocolate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or until chocolate is hardened
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove from baking sheet and place on a cutting board, cut into small chunks, place chunks back in the refrigerator until you are ready to fold into the ice cream * if you made the entire bag, just wrap half the chocolate in saran wrap for chopping for your next batch
- Slice two bananas and put into a sealed bag, place in the freezer for minimum of 30 minutes or until frozen
- Add frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, and coconut milk in a blender and blend until creamy smooth to make the ice cream
- Add ice cream from blender into a bowl and gently fold in the fresh diced strawberries and chopped dark chocolate
- Add ice cream to air tight container and place in freezer for minimum of 30 minutes or until frozen
BMWK: How fast will you try this recipe?
like what you're reading?