It’s here! We are days away from the biggest holiday of the year and one of the busiest travel days of the year. Christmas Eve is going to be the busiest shopping and travel day of the year. It’s a fact that no one can deny and we have a few final tips to help you navigate the busiest travel day of the year and remain stress free.
- Plan ahead. Get ahead of the game and check-in online and print your boarding pass or send it to your smartphone/mobile device. This will save you time once you arrive at the airport. You won’t have to wait in a curbside line or counter lines to check-in.
- Leave early! Normal suggested airport arrival time, for a domestic flight is 75-90 minutes before your flight. You must be checked in 30 minutes before your flight. Tack on an extra hour for traveling on one of the busiest days of the year. The last thing you want to do while traveling during the holidays is to miss a flight (been there done that, it’s no fun). So give yourself an extra hour in case you run into traffic on the way to the airport, trying to park or clearing the TSA security check point.
- Know your flights’ status. Use the airlines app to check the status of your flight. Knowledge is power and it will help you plan your time more efficiently.
- Stay alert! Keep your belongings with you or in the care of a trusted travel partner. Criminals are lurking in airports/train/bus stations waiting for the opportunity to strike. Don’t be distracted by talking on your cell phone or being careless with your belongings. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Pack your patience. You’re not the only traveler. It’s not called the busiest travel day of the year for nothing, so pack plenty of patience. You’ll need it to deal with your fellow travelers and airport staff.
Enjoy happy and safe travels. We wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season!
like what you're reading?