These were the juiciest fish tacos I’ve ever had! And the spicy mayo ~ well that just took it over the top! My family and I recently went to North Carolina to my brother-in-law’s wedding (congrats Sean & Simone)! While there, we ventured out and happen upon this restaurant called Bakersfield East Blvd. We had no idea what to expect because we just stumbled upon it. The staff there were super nice and quickly recommended the short rib tacos as the all time best! So we did and WHEW they were DELISH! And as always when I happen upon a really great anything to eat I day dream about, how to go home and recreate it with my own spin! I decided to go with fish tacos to make it healthier and broiled the fish instead of frying it! I went with the spicy mayo, well just because I love spicy mayo! Honey let me tell you, these were some of the best darn tacos I’d eaten EVER! And YES I am patting my own back, you will too, if you try this recipe!
AMAZING FISH TACOS WITH SPICY MAYO DRIZZLE
FISH TACOS AND CABBAGE INGREDIENTS:
4-6 filets of cod
1 small head of cabbage
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
¼ lb. quesco fesco cheese
8-12 flour Tortillas
Canola Oil (2 tsp. for cabbage and 4 tsp. for cod (2 on each side))
¼ – ¾ cup water
2 tsp. granulated sugar
Sea Salt (1-2 tsp. for cod, 1-2 tsp. for cabbage)
Ground black pepper (1-2 tsp. for cod, 1-2 tsp. for cabbage)
Dried or Fresh Thyme (1-2 tsp. for cod)
Spicy Mayo INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup reduced fat mayo
4 tbsp. sriracha (or more if you like it spicy)
6 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
READY, SET GO:
- Pre-heat oven to broil (high)
- Thinly slice the cabbage and the yellow and red bell peppers
- Pre-heat 2 tbsp. canola oil in skillet over medium heat
- Add the cabbage, red and yellow bell peppers, water and cover, cook for 20 minutes then remove lid, add sugar, sea salt and black pepper, stir and cook an additionally 5-8 minutes or until tender but not mushy
- Clean, dry and drizzle canola oil on cod, then season with sea salt, ground black pepper and thyme on both sides, add to foil lined baking pan and broil for 10 to 12 minutes or until completed cooked through
- Remove fish from oven and place flour tortillas on separate foil lined baking pan and put under broiler for 1-2 minutes just to warm them not make them hard
- Slice radish in thin circular slices
- LET’S MAKE THE SPICY MAYO – Add the reduced fat mayo, sriracha, ketchup and sugar to a bowl and whisk together until smooth
- LET’S BUILD THE TACO – Lay a tortilla on a plate, add some cod, cabbage, radish, crumble some quesco fesco on top and drizzle spicy mayo to finish it AND ENJOY!
BMWK, will you be trying these tonight?
like what you're reading?