This is Part 2 of a 3-part series on improving communication in your marriage:
- Part 1 – How We Went From Fussing and Fighting to Being Happily Married for 10 Years…
- Part 2 [You Are Here] – 5 Things that We Did to Improve Our Communication and Save Our Marriage
- Part 3 – Alert: Good Communication Will Not Solve All of Your Marital Problems, But These Will
The difference between couples that have great communication and those who can’t seem to talk about anything without fussing and fighting is…
Sounds simple doesn’t it…but, it is this difference that matters most.
Most people don’t come into a marriage knowing how to effectively communicate with their spouse.
They haven’t been taught communication skills. In fact, more often than not, they’ve learned how to communicate from the bad examples from the relationships they saw growing up.
But those couples who recognize that communication is indeed an issue, and then seek to intentionally make improvements are reaping the benefits.
What are those benefits?
- Speaking freely and openly with your spouse
- Sharing your most private thoughts in a safe place
- Voicing your concerns when issues arise
- Knowing that those concerns and issues are being addressed
Here’s what we did to turn things around in our marriage and improve the communication.
It’s that simple. It’s action.
- We were intentional by prioritizing communication with each other every day.
- We were transparent and real and created a safe place to share our thoughts.
- We made a plan for how to handle issues when they do arise.
- We got to know each other.
- We got the help that we needed from resources and experts on how to improve our communication.
And for every one of these positive actions that we took towards improving communication in our marriage, we got one step closer to each other. We got there and you can too.
In our BMWK Effective Communication (Online Training) we’ll show you how to master the art of communication in your marriage.
Through expert-led instruction, you’ll learn exactly how to have healthy, open and honest communication in your marriage.
If you liked the video above then you’ll love this…
How to Learn Better Communication
Get expert-led video training on better communication from the comfort of your own home.
like what you're reading?