It is truly bitter sweet that the first black POTUS and his beautiful family are leaving the white house. We are sad that they are leaving. But at the same time, we we are truly happy that it was eight years well spent!
We are so excited for them to be a part of the ‘real world’ again. They are leaving the ‘presidential life’ behind and looking forward to all of the amazing opportunities that the future holds. Now, they can live their lives outside of the negative eye of the media (to an extent) and not have to deal with all of the hate that they experienced while at the White House.
And now, we are excited about what the future holds for the Obama Family. So, here are a few things we would love to see the Obamas do after they leave the white house. And after you read our list, let us know what you are looking forward to/ hoping to/ dreaming to see them do.
- Help the community – I’m sure leaving the white house will allow President Obama to focus on the issues that really matter most to him now. I would imagine communities (especially ours) cheering him on: in assisting our young people to obtain jobs, in being totally involved with social justice issues, in working on higher education initiatives, and in advancing small businesses. We can expect Obama to be an ex-president activist like Clinton and Jimmy Carter for sure.
- Write more books – Before Obama became the POTUS, he was quite the accomplished author. We look forward to seeing him write more books, especially on his experience in the white house. Although being a former president is a job in itself, we hope he finds time to share his experience with us through writing because we can’t wait for the book release (hint hint POTUS)!
- Be a Professor of Law – Obama has a great academic history – he earned his political science degree from Columbia University along with his law school degree from the prestigious Harvard University. Also, he taught at the University of Chicago. It would be such a great direction for him in the near future. Plus, who wouldn’t want to sit in a class taught by Obama? He has an amazing sense of humor. The class would be rather educational and entertaining! I would go back to school…just to enroll in his class.
- Start a Basketball Team – We all know that aside from Michelle, Obama has the hots for basketball. He has expressed his desires of wanting to put together a basketball team. He is also a Chicago sports fan and supports the Bulls…no need to elaborate…go Chicago GO! Perhaps we well see him at a few more games in the near future.
- Create Initiatives for the Youth – Obama has launched initiatives and non-profit organizations targeted at supporting young people, not only in America but around the world. We look forward to him getting more involved because he is a huge motivation to the youth. Compared to other ex-presidents, he is relatively young at age 55 and this will have great impact on his relationship with the youth in the communities worldwide.
- No More Public Office – Although Hillary Clinton shared publicly Obama would indeed make a great Supreme Court Justice, Obama has ruled out any future careers in public office. He admitted that being in public office would be boring for him at this point in his career and he is planning get out into the world a little bit more.
- Become Youtube Stars! – Malia and Sasha Obama grew up in the White House, starting when they were just 10 and 7 years old. Today, the girls are teenagers! Malia, now 18, has graduated from high school and is expected to take a gap year before attending Harvard University in fall 2017. Sasha, now 15, is continuing her studies at Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C., which is the same private school her older sister recently graduated from. We know it must have been tough being the first black girls in the white house. The world has kept eyes on them. They were criticized for basically everything from their choice of clothing to attending parties. We would love to hear about their experience growing up in the white house as young black teenage girls. A YouTube channel wouldn’t be such a bad idea ladies!
- Build a Presidential Library – Many modern ex-presidents keep busy by creating presidential libraries, raising money for their foundations and launching initiatives. We expect Obama to continue in this line of presidential traditions while adding his own style and charismatic flare!
- More Children?? – We know Obama has a soft spot for kids and we hope to see more children initiatives in the years to come.
- Be a Sports Commissioner – Although Obama might not be interested in taking up any more government inclined roles, we sure would love to see him leading as a Sports Commissioner. He would make sure a natural!
- Michelle’s Next Steps – Michelle Obama is an extraordinary woman and we are excited to see her next steps. We don’t know what they will be…but we know they will be amazing and we can’t wait to see them.
- Be Himself – In the end, we just want President Obama and his family to be able to voice out their individual opinions and live a life filled with an abundance of happiness and continued blessings.
Although being the first black first family of the United States was extremely challenging (to say the least), we are so glad they did it with such grace and class. No impeachment hearings, no corruption and of course, no mistresses (kudos to the POTUS on that!). They held it together and the black community couldn’t be prouder! They have proved the haters wrong…and now they deserve to turn up!
We hope they are just as excited as we are concerning this new chapter and we wish them the very best!
BMWK – what do you look forward to seeing the Obama’s do after the White House?
like what you're reading?