I’ve been reading a lot of cute stores lately about all the funny things that kids say and do while they are being potty trained. And when I think about my potty-training experiences, I can’t remember any of the funny things my kids said. But what I do remember is all the crazy and funny things that I did as a parent while potty training our four kids.
- Shopping for potties like you’re shopping for a new car.That’s right, my kids had to have the best, top-model potty — with all the bells and whistles. My girls got princess potties that played music when a deposit was made.
- Celebrating poo! We cheered when our kids went pee-pee in the potty. We even had a “Pee-Pee in the Potty” song. But OMG…if “number 2” was done in the potty, then the celebration was taken up a notch.
- Wanting poo! That’s ridiculous right! Who wants that to happen? Potty training parents do…that’s who. And now that I think back on it…it’s kind of crazy.
- Stalking our kids. Once I decided to replace their training pants with underwear, I stalked the kids. I was looking for any indication that kids had to use the potty. I was definitely on edge!
- Updating friends on social media. Again, thank goodness I did not have social media accounts back then. But, I have seen one or two parents in my stream make potty announcements. And I thought… TMI!
- Putting the potty in the kitchen.I was a work-from-home mom. I drug that potty all around the house with me when I was juggling work and the kids. But yeah…that was gross.
- Using a traveling potty.OK, so I might be the only person that has done this…. but my mini-van had its own potty. I found a portable potty online and that thing had a permanent spot in my van. And it came in handy countless times. It was the best investment ever!
I really wonder what our kids were thinking back then. They were probably thinking
Mommy has lost it…but I’m going to play along and sing and dance to the “Pee Pee in the Potty” song anyway.
Breakup with the Brush
Thank goodness I did not lose all of my senses at that time. I kept it together enough to know that I had to keep a clean bathroom for my kids. I was constantly cleaning in and around their potties. My oldest daughter had this habit of laying on the floor beside her potty until she was ready to go. So, you know I had to keep that bathroom clean.
Did you know that toilet bowls can contain millions of bacteria per square inch and some of it can remain, even after you’ve cleaned it with your toilet brush?[i] And what’s worse, when you flush the toilet, germs (i.e bacteria and viruses) can shoot up to 15 feet into the air.[ii]
Now that’s just nasty.
That’s why I’m so happy to have found the Clorox® ToiletWand® System. It allows me to quickly clean my toilet with its disposable refill head that is already preloaded with Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner (that kills 99.9% of germs.) I sure could have used this during my crazy potty training days. For some reason, I put the kids’ potty right next to the grown-up toilet. In hindsight…that probably was not the best place to put it.
It’s time to breakup with the toilet brush and get the Clorox® ToiletWand® System!
BMWK Parents – what are the craziest or funniest things that you found yourself doing while potty training ? Share with us in the comments below.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Clorox® I’ve partnered with them to spread the word about the Clorox® ToiletWand® System. All opinions are my own.
like what you're reading?