There is nothing more satisfying than being in a clean home, except, maybe, being in a clean home during the spring season. And since I received a Clorox® spring cleaning kit in the mail yesterday, I am looking forward to getting started with my spring cleaning early this year.
Don’t Judge Me
Don’t judge me, but my home is just not as clean as it used to be. It’s not that we’re living foul or anything close to that. But when I purchased my very first home, I had one child, my son, and my career was not as demanding. So, I kept my home showroom ready!! (Those were the good old days.)
I just can’t keep up with the level of consistent deep cleaning that I once did on a regular basis.
Fast forward 20 years…my son is grown and living on his own. I have three daughters at home and, along with my husband, I run my own business. With all of that added responsibility, I just can’t keep up with the level of consistent deep cleaning that I once did on a regular basis. And while we all clean each week, it’s just not the same.
Even with all that I have on my plate, here are 3 tasks I find oddly satisfying while spring cleaning.
The house is just so fresh and clean after a deep spring clean. It’s all about getting into cracks and crevices and wiping and scrubbing surfaces that you don’t get around to cleaning during your normal weekly routine. And I literally enjoy pulling out all of my cleaning gadgets and tools to wipe or scrub away all of the dust and build up in my home. The kids are like “mom let me try the blue duster.” And I’m like: “Mommy’s got it covered.”
Another tool I like using is the Clorox® ToiletWand® because it’s already preloaded with everything that I need to clean, sanitize and disinfect our toilets. And I love that it’s now available in Scentiva™ scents, so it will also deodorize while I disinfect.
TIP: I’ll definitely be using the Clorox® Scentiva™ Bathroom Foam Cleaner on any tough stains and soap scum that I find in our bathrooms. Clorox® Scentiva™ products are perfect for spring cleaning because they not only clean and disinfect, they also deodorize with custom-blended scents that smell so good.
While deep cleaning is the first part of my spring cleaning process, decluttering is the second thing that I find so satisfying because the entire family gets involved with sorting through drawers and organizing closets. After decluttering, I love seeing how the kids are so intentional about keeping their rooms clean and decluttered… at least for a few weeks anyway…lol!
We’ve already started to clean our closets and desks. This is a pile of clothes and books we plan to donate when we are done Spring cleaning.
We have a huge kitchen which is great because we have plenty of space, cabinets and drawers. But that also means we have plenty of surfaces to keep clean and plenty of “junk drawers” (drawers with random stuff in them.) This spring, we are going to focus on cleaning out “junk drawers” and disinfecting all surfaces so the whole family can enjoy a fresh start to spring.
TIP: We are going to make good use of the Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Ultra Strength Blue Fibers as they are three times as strong as other wipes and kill 99% of viruses and bacteria. Plus, they’re safe to use on my stainless-steel surfaces and granite countertops.
Finally, the part of spring cleaning, and the real reason I find it so satisfying, is the decorating. Just to clarify, decorating does not mean you have to spend a bunch of money. Sometimes, after you clean and declutter, it looks as if you redecorated your house…and that’s enough.
I make small changes that give my house a fresh new look for the spring season. Here are a few things that are on my decorating wish list this spring:
- New flour and sugar canisters for the kitchen
- Declutter the kitchen counters and add minimal accessories
- Two more throw pillows for the family room couch
- A new tall plant for the office
- Switch out bed linens in the girls’ rooms to give them a fresh new look
Instead of buying new furniture, I had two chairs reupholstered and two throw pillows made out of the same fabric for the couch. It gave our living room a fresh new look for a fraction of the cost.
Tip: Decluttering and moving your furniture around is a great free way to give your home a fresh new look.
I want to thank Clorox for setting us up for success with that awesome spring cleaning kit that included all of the products that helped me set the stage for a successful spring. The package included:
- Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes – Easy to Pull: The same great wipe you know and love but now in an easy-to-pull pack. The new packaging allows for easy storing and stacking in addition to being great for taking on-the-go.
- Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes – Ultra Strength with Blue Fibers: Three times stronger than a wet paper towel to outlast tough messes, the new design includes tough blue fibers and grime-catching ridges to tackle the toughest of messes.
- Clorox® Scentiva™ Bathroom Foam Cleaner: Powerful foam that penetrates soap scum and eliminates tough stains the first time, providing a fast soap scum removal like never before.
- Clorox® Scentiva™ Toilet Cleaning Gel: Cleans, sanitizes and deodorizes, killing 99.9% of viruses and bacteria – leaving your toilet sparkling clean.
- Clorox® Scentiva™ Bathroom Disinfecting Foamer Spray: Helps kill germs and delivers triple action: cleans, disinfects and removes soap scum.
- Clorox® Regular Bleach2with CLOROMAX™: Packs the effective whitening, dirt-fighting and disinfecting power you love and trust, plus it makes surfaces easier to clean† and keeps clothes whiter longer* for a powerful, protecting and easier clean.
- Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner + Bleach is specially designed to clean and disinfect a variety of stains and messes on a variety of surfaces. With Smart Tube Technology®, you can spray every last drop. Bad news for germs, good news for family relations.
- Clorox® ToiletWand®is a simple, preloaded toilet brush that cleans, sanitizes, and disinfects your toilet with a refillable, disposable head that makes the toilet bowl cleaning process much more manageable. Clorox® ToiletWand® is also now available in Scentiva™ scents, so you can deodorize while you disinfect.
BMWK- Please share your Spring cleaning routines below. Do you also have an oddly satisfying feeling after deep cleaning your home?
Disclosure: This is part of a compensated campaign with Clorox® to spread the word about their Clorox® Cleaning products that will help you achieve the oddly satisfying feeling of a deep clean. The tips and the opinions are my own.