We welcome submissions to BlackandMarriedwithKids.com from writers who are passionate about our mission: uplifting Black relationships and family life.
Before you submit a post to us, please contact us first via email at: (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief outline of your idea. We will then let you know if your idea fits with our regular content, in order to keep the process efficient.
As a guide, posts should be 500 words or above and be concerned with issues relating to African-American marriage, relationships, parenting or any representation of the aforementioned topics in pop culture. Articles typically fall into one of these categories:
- First-person account (broadened to fit the needs of our audience)
- List format (“7 Ways to”…”, “6 Signs That”….”)
- Reflection on a current news story (“Black Families Missing from President Obama’s Economic Plan”)
- Interview with relationship/parenting expert
- Tip format (similar to the list format ““ this form specifically gives readers some suggestions for handling a certain problem)
We will strive to respond to every submission ““ please allow 3-5 days for us to get back to you. For more time-sensitive topics, the turnaround will be faster.
If your initial concept is accepted, then send a copy of your article to email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to seeing more of our readers have their say as well as the enlightened conversations that are sure to result. We’re ready to head to the next level are you?
Thank you for reaching out to Black and Married with Kids!