According to a Washington Post story, President Barack Obama has purportedly expressed interest in buying ownership in a NBA franchise after he leaves the White House.
We know it’s not set in stone. But once the news hit the web, we all instantly warmed up to the idea. We began picturing all the possibilities—and they look good. So here are our top 10 reasons why we’re here for the POTUS’s basketball team.
- Because the President might choose to buy into his hometown Chicago Bulls, which would be great. The President could possibly lure Derrick Rose back to the Bulls with the promise of a full, around-the-clock secret service detail to protect Rose from injuries.
- Because if Trump wins the presidency, Obama’s basketball team will give many of us a reason to come back to the United States for a quick visit.
- Because the President could just recruit straight from the Olympic Team. He’s already been their boss once; it should be an easy transition.
- Because every year the reigning championship team has been invited to the White House to meet with the President. Now they can just have dinner in the owner’s suite.
- Because we can’t wait for Joe Biden to get T’d up (you know he will).
- Because if he can fight ISIS and find Bin Laden, locking down the Splash Brothers should be a piece of cake.
- Because we can’t wait to see Jordan and Obama collaborate on a line of Jordan brand, high-waisted dad jeans.
- Because we can’t wait to hear all the IIlluminati conspiracy theories if (and when) the Bulls win. #staywoke
- Because the presence of Michelle Obama would force all the other Basketball Wives to step up their game (Okay, ladies, now let’s get in formation).
- Because we can’t wait to see who comes to the games with better curls Michelle Obama or Joakim Noah.
BMWK, did we miss something? Give us your reasons why you’re excited about an Pres. Obama basketball team?