When asking a woman what was the hardest part about returning back to her natural hair, I wasn’t surprised to find out it was all about how her mate felt about the decision. If her man wasn’t encouraging, this made her journey a bit stressful. The moment your lady decides she is returning back to her natural hair, you both begin to transition. Men, it will be up to you to recognize this fact and see what you can do to help.
This is why I created my list; I want to help you out with my 15 Things Men Should Do Once Their Woman Goes Natural list:
- Help her research during her Transition
- Write down and remember her big chop date
- Get her product samples
- Always be on deck for scalp massages
- Don’t be afraid to touch it
- Understand when she has a natural hair melt down
- Be there for her first trimming
- Talk her through any uncertainty in her decision.
- Be open to her new styles without being judgmental
- Be honest but smart about giving her hair feedback, the couch is a lonely place
- Remind her why she went natural if you see her stressing
- Accompany her to a natural hair expo. She’ll love you to life for it
- Send her blog posts about natural hair (especially ones from www.sisterswithbeauty.com)
- Love her as she is and not as you believe she should be
- Be supportive
BMWK Ladies, do you think this list is all-inclusive? Got anything to add? What would you like or what has your man done to support your natural hair journey?