Are There Any Good Men Out There?
This is the ultimate question. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has heard this question. You may have even heard this spoken as a statement rather than a question – “There are no good men left in the world today.”
The men may think the same thing, that there are no good women left in the world today. Statements like this can be over generalizations based on a person’s current situation or past experiences.
Yes, there are good men out there and here is my take on it. When you are looking for something good; the cream of the crop, the diamond in the rough, the pearl among the oysters, you may have to search for it. A gem can be found among the common masses but you have to search for value and treasure.
A great man may be standing in line at the grocery store, at church, or in the gym. He may be right there among the common masses. Here are 5 ways to help spot him:
1. Know yourself. What makes you happy? How do you enjoy being treated? What is a deal beaker for you? Are you willing to settle on certain things? What can you compromise on? When you truly know who you are, you can make clear decisions about what is a perfect fit for your life.
2. Know what you are looking for in a man. If you know don’t know what you are looking for it will be hard to spot him. Until you get specific about your desires in a mate, it will be hard to know when you are looking at a great guy versus an okay gentleman for someone else. Create a list of things you want in a potential boyfriend or spouse and look for these characteristics when the opportunity presents itself. The more you date, the easier it will get to weed out future suitors.
3. Look for someone with similar values. If you are a good person, look for someone with similar values and beliefs. It sounds simple yet you don’t want to get caught up in a person’s money, how they look on the outside, or even the thrill of being with someone forbidden or risky when they are not good for you.
4. Look at his friends. There is a famous saying, “Birds of a feather flock together.” The people a person hangs around say something about that person. What message are you getting? It’s important to know if he acts one way around his friends and another way around you.
5. Listen to your head. Yes, your head. Get your heart involved too, but when getting to know someone new emotions can run high. When emotions are high, wisdom can be overlooked because of all the good feelings. So be sure to not only listen to your heart but listen to your head as well.
There are good men out there. The next guy you meet may or may not be the one for you. Yet, he may be perfect for some one else. Good men do exist. Now, is a good man hard to find? Well, that’s another question.
BMWK: Have you found the one? Can you add more tips to help someone find the one?