Photos courtesy of Please Touch Museum®
With summer flying by, why not make the most of the next few weeks by doing something fun and exciting with your family. If you think it’s time for a trip, you should really consider Philadelphia, PA.
With endless opportunities for family fun, Philly is a great family-friendly destination. After recently visiting the city of brotherly love, Philly now holds a special place in my heart. As a matter of fact, I plan on returning very soon. My kids will love it, and I am pretty confident your kids will too.
- This spring the Philadelphia Zoo launched a new kids zoo, KidZooU. KidZooU offers children an amazing indoor experience, giving them great hands-on learning opportunities, and an outdoor space that gives them a chance to interact with rare goats, sheep, miniature horses, chicken, and ducks. The zoo also has a Treetop Trail that allows some animals to leave their habitats to explore the zoo, transforming the zoo experience for both you and the animals. Without a doubt, it is one of the coolest things I have ever seen, and your family will love it.
- Through August 31st, Morris Arboretum brings bugs to life with their Big Bug exhibit, which is sure to amaze any child. The bugs, created by Long Island sculptor David Rogers, can be found throughout the Morris Arboretum garden. And, in addition to the cool bugs, children also get to explore nature in a remarkable way with their Out on a Limb Tree Adventure. This is something your kids won’t forget.
- Are you tired of telling your kids to stop touching things? I know I am. Why not enjoy a day where they can touch whatever they want? With two floors of interactive exhibits, a 100-year-old carousel, and tons of space to roam, the Please Touch Museum will give your kids a hands-on experience that will leave them in awe.
- Franklin Square is a great family-friendly park that offers miniature golf, playgrounds, a restored marble fountain, and an old-fashioned carousel. If you get hungry, just visit Square Burger for one of their tasty burgers and legendary Cake Shakes. Recently ranked by Yahoo.com as one of the top five playgrounds in the United States, Franklin Square cannot be missed when you visit Philly with the family.
- With countless kid-friendly exhibits, Franklin Institute is a science museum that will leave your family wanting more. Walk through a giant heart, learn about our changing earth, check out the planetarium, or just kick it with the family at their IMAX Theater. Whatever you choose to do, your family will have a blast.
- Philadelphia is a great place to learn more about American history, as well as world history. If your children are a little older, take some time to explore the Penn Museum, Valley Forge National Historical Park, the Independence Seaport Museum, or the African American Museum of Philadelphia. All offer great opportunities for your children to learn more about history, with fascinating exhibits that highlight the significant role of Africans and African Americans throughout history.
BMWK Family, What are your summer plans? Are you considering Philadelphia?