It’s not impossible to save money and still have a good time on vacation. Trust me, I know this for a fact! I’ve compiled a list (from personal experience) of ways for you and your family to have a great time on your next little getaway, without breaking the bank. Some of these tips, I’m sure you may already know, but here are 7 ways to save money on your next family vacation.
1. Discount web sites. Nowadays, there are tons of travel discount sites that offer discounted travel packages. You can book your airfare, hotel, and car rental – or any combination of the three. You can also even bid on your own price and may actually win. Next time you start planning, give it a try!
2. Be flexible. A lot of the websites like the ones above will have last-minute deals that are complete vacation packages which include airfare, car rental, and/or hotel at deeply discounted prices as low as 70% off! The only catch is you have to be pretty flexible because most often the trip would have to take place within the same week and the destination may not be exactly what you had in mind. You can’t go wrong when there’s sun, sand and water involved, right?
3. Membership discount programs. There are several different membership discount programs, like a roadside assistance programs, that can be used for travel. Personally, I only have experience with AAA, and in my opinion, it has a wonderful “perks” program. We get to save a considerable amount of money, not only on our hotel stay, but also on our car rental too! Just make sure that when you’re booking your hotel/ car rental that you either mention it to the agent or look for that savings option online.
4. Hotel perks. Some hotels partner with nearby attractions. Depending on your hotel, you may be able to take advantage of these savings. Some of these deals are advertised on the hotels’ website, the attraction’s website or both! It also doesn’t hurt to ask your concierge upon arrival for any attraction discounts that may not have been advertised.
5. Breakfast. If your hotel doesn’t offer complimentary breakfast, then get your family ready to head out for the day and grab breakfast from a local spot. This is a win-win because you’re likely to stumble upon a really good local favorite and it’s even more likely that the cost savings will be substantial.
6. Public Transportation. Don’t shy away from taking public transportation to get around your destination. Taxis can be pretty expensive, no matter where you are. So, even though you may not be familiar with your surroundings, look at it as part of an adventure. I don’t know about your kids, but my kids love taking the subway and riding the bus!
7. Go off-season. It’s no secret that everyone wants to travel during the summer, spring break, etc. So, you may want to consider traveling to your destination when it’s not peak season. My kids feel like they’ve hit the jackpot when they arrive to the amusement park and there are no lines! This is the way to go, because it’s a lot cheaper and places are way less crowded.
These are just a few ways that save some money on our vacations and I’m always looking for new ways. The more I learn, the more I’ll share. Stay tuned!
BMWK, What tips do you have for saving money on vacation?
Adams discount code says
Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. That is an extremely well written article.
I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your helpful info.
Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.
costa rica surf camp day adventures says
Good day! I simply wish to offer you a big thumbs up for the excellent info you have got right here on this post.
I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
how choose a mattress says
I’m gone to tell my little brother, that he should also go to see this webpage on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date gossip.
August Ames Public Toilet says
In our day, a woman was ‘kept pregnant and in the kitchen’, so their
fascination of pots and pans was encouraging. A small entrance
surrounded by quaint concrete boutique stores welcomes an almost non existent line of early twenty something’s inside.
– Dollar bills (for last-minute lunch money requests) – in a secret