You might have some favorite Being Mary Jane quotes if you’re a fan of the show. As for me, I just may be the last African-American woman with cable who tuned into Being Mary Jane. Immediately, I was hooked. So much so, I watched back-to-back episodes on BET and stayed up way past my bedtime last night. And, I should say there are catchy quotes about being like Mary Jane every Black woman must know. I also picked some that I think women who are thinking of hooking up with a married man should learn and give a thought to.
Being Mary Jane Quotes | Must-Read Quotes to Ponder
In this article:
- Discovering About Mary Jane and Andre’s Affair
- Mary Jane As A Mistress
- 8 Quotes From Being Mary Jane Worth Sharing
Discovering About Mary Jane and Andre’s Affair
For nearly three hours, I remained glued to my flat screen, especially when the toned and tattooed character named Andre made an appearance. If you watch the show, you know Mary Jane falls in love, well more like in bed, with Andre, a married man with kids. Even if you’re a single woman totally against adultery, your heart probably skipped a beat when Andre dived into Mary Jane’s swimming pool, fully clothed, to screw in a lightbulb she had complained was broken.
I had to remind myself that no matter how fine Andre was, his promise to marry Mary, couldn’t be fulfilled. He already had a wife at home, crying and waiting for him to make up his mind.
Mary Jane As A Mistress
#GM SOME #TVSHOW CASTING WORK WE BOOKED TALENT FOR!! #BEINGMARYJANE. + MANY OTHERS… #OFFICIALGLAMGIRLS #MIKESTYLESAGENT @MIKESTYLESAGENT @MIKESTYLESCELEBBOOKING GET WITH OUR TEAM!! $$$$$$ #ENTREPRENEUR #BUSINESSMEN #BUSINESSWOMEN #DIRECTOR #PHOTOGRAPHERS #MODELS #ACTORS #STYLIST #MAKEUPARTIST #HAIRSTYLIST #WRITERS #MUSICARTIST #PRODUCERS #PROMOTERS #EVENTPLANNERS #FILM #FASHIONMODEL #WEBDESIGNERS #POETS #DANCERS RADIOPERSONALITIES #FASHIONDESIGNERS #PUBLISHERS #ARTDIRECTORS #PR #MANAGEMENT www.MikeStyles.co www.OfficialGlamGirls.com www.MikeStylesCelebBooking.com 646 801-4437
Most women reading this may say they would never be Mary Jane. But, who are the Mary Janes–and we know she exists–slipping into the shoes of a mistress and hiding their affair from friends. I wondered what I would say to Mary Jane. On the outside, she’s beautiful, successful, and smart. But, for whatever reason, she doesn’t feel that way on the inside.
8 Quotes To Live by If Your Life Is Like Being Mary Jane
So, I searched online to pick some wise words to share with women having an affair with married men.
- “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself.” – Alice Walker
- “Love is or it ain’t. Thin love ain’t love at all.” – Toni Morrison
- “Choose people who lift you up.” – Michelle Obama
- “When we talk about putting ourselves first, we are really talking about knowing our value. You can’t do that without understanding the truth of who you are.” – Mikki Taylor
- “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” – Maya Angelou
- “The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within–strength, courage, dignity.” – Ruby Dee
- “Learn to be quiet enough to hear the genuine within yourself so that you can hear it in others.” – Marian Wright Edelman
- “You cannot belong to anyone else, until you belong to yourself.” – Pearl Bailey
To refresh your memory, here’s a quick recap of the first 4 episodes of Being Mary Jane:
Discover The Secret To UNBREAKABLE Relationships
Signup for our FREE 4-part video series!
You probably have your favorite Being Mary Jane quotes but these quotes from these iconic women are also great words to live by to. Each of them emphasizes how important it is to value yourself. Married men are not the only options because there are thousands of single men out there, too. You don’t have to become like Mary Jane to experience love; you just need to be patient in waiting for the right man.
Do you have any favorite Being Mary Jane quotes you’d like to share with us? Let us know in the comments section!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on January 24, 2014, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.