The experience that you have under your belt, plus the advice from experts, can help protect your child from a bully. Check out these 9 tips to protect your child from bullies:
- Take action if you learn your child is being bullied. As a parent, it’s your responsibility to teach your child how to properly respond.
- Teach your child by example. Research shows that children who witness violence and aggression at home have a higher risk of becoming a bully, or becoming the victim of a bully. This applies to physical and verbal aggression.
- Give your child clues on how to spot a bully. Some bullies are the stereotypical large, mean boy in the hallway. But other kids bully using degrading words. Your child will learn how to identify a bully and that it’s okay to choose not to be friends with this kind of person.
- Create an environment that helps your child build friendships. Bullies often target kids who are loners. You protect your child if you help him have good friends.
- Practice dealing with bullies with your child at home. Just like fire drills at school, practice is an important aspect of learning the right and wrong ways to handle a tough situation.
To read the remaining tips go elev8.com – 9 Tips To Protect Your Child From Bullies
BMWK – What advice would give your kids if they were being bullied? What action would you take?