I’ve written many articles on how to handle trouble in your marriage, how to survive being married, and what the Bible says about marriage – so now I just want to use this article to brag on my husband.
Many times we don’t take the time to just be thankful for our spouses or tell them how much we appreciate them. So I will share 6 reasons why my husband is the bestest (yes, bestest) husband in the world!
My husband cares about my well-being
He wants to know when I’ve made it to my destination even if it is to work. When I’m out and about he will occasionally check on me to make sure I’m safe.
Some may think he is clocking me but to me he is just making sure I’m safe. I tease him about it sometimes but I love that he is concerned about my safety. Plus I have been followed about three times by men in cars so…. yeah he checks on me.
He is thoughtful
To put it simply, my husband is thinks of me, and it’s great.
- He picks up my favorite snacks while he’s at the store without me asking him to.
- He makes sure I have coffee and creamer because well I need it.
- He puts gas in my car because he knows I don’t like to.
- He will drive me places when he knows I don’t want to drive even if he is tired; and will ride with me to shop or get ice cream.
- He will go get fast food or dessert for me after he’s already been out without complaining.
- He cooks, cleans and does laundry without complaining too.
- He is not the type of man to say those chores are for the wife.
Yeah, he’s great.
He is a great friend
He listens to me and actually pays attention. We have great conversations about everything and nothing. He supports my dreams and encourages me.
He makes me laugh and shares his dreams with me. He will call me out when I’m wrong. And most importantly, he will watch the occasional Lifetime movie with me.
He teaches me things
He taught me how to drive a stick-shift, how to mow and edge the lawn and how to use a lot of power tools. I know how to paint walls, strip floors and wax correctly. He taught me how to change a tire and how to change oil in the car, but I haven’t actually done it…yet.
He kills all bugs
He makes me feel precious
He does that by the way he looks at me, when he compliments me, when he tells me he loves me. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about how precious he makes me feel. There are a few other ways he makes me feel precious, but I can’t share those (wink).
So my BMWK family, why not brag on your spouse today? Let’s take some time away from discussing all the wrong that they do and start appreciating all the right that they do. So please share; what do you want to brag on your spouse about? What makes him/her the bestest?