With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, some of you guys are probably wondering what gift to buy you wife. I polled some of the ladies and below is a list of things they do NOT want to receive. If you have already bought any of these items, please return them ASAP.
- Any appliance. Do not come home with anything she can clean or cook with.
- Flowers. Plastic or real. No roses, tulips or orchids. Save your money, they are not wanted.
- Candy. For real, we don’t want any candy.
- Stuffed animals. Giving stuffed animals should have stopped in high school.
- Anything dealing with weight loss or exercise. That includes gym memberships. Seriously…don’t do it.
- Balloons. Giant helium ones, small helium ones or even the giant ones with the stuffed animal inside- what are we supposed to do with them???
- 2 for $1.00 Valentine’s cards. Just don’t.
- Those side of the road gift baskets. You know the ones with the plastic covering and cheap perfume, candy and stuffed animal inside.
- Homemade coupons. We really don’t want to have to give you a slip of paper for a hug or some time away for ourselves.
- Any dollar store gift. There is nothing in the dollar store she wants for Valentine’s Day.
Now that you know what not to buy, here are a few things women do want for Valentine’s Day. One or any combination of the following:
- Quality time with you. Doesn’t have to be anything special, just your time.
- A weekend getaway. Not your family’s house.
- Spa day. You can come too.
- Nothing at all. Some women really don’t want to celebrate the day.
- For you to clean the house. That would be wonderful for those who don’t regularly do it.
- For you to take the kids for the day. Mothers of young kids want a break every now and then.
- Shoes and/or purse. If you know her size and the type she likes.
- Perfume. Not the knockoff.
- Jewelry. Can’t go wrong.
- Breakfast in bed or for you to cook dinner.
Hopefully this helps you when you get ready to plan Valentine’s Day. If you guys don’t celebrate the day, you have no pressure. Basically, we just want your time and love every day.
Many of us don’t care about a specific day for you to show us your love, but if your wife expects a gift, this list should help.
So BMWK guys, help us out, what gifts should we avoid giving you?