Everyone I know and a lot of folks on the web are talking about coming to DC for the historic 2009 inauguration which takes place January 20th which is also the day after the Martin Luther King holiday. As DC area residents TheMom and I will serve as your BMWK concierge to give you the best of DC and to answer some of the questions you may have.
First up how can you get tickets to the inauguration? Now I’m sure the entire area will be flooded with folks anyway but if you want to get up close with the actual tickets this is what you can do.
- Don’t by them on the web, at least not yet. If you see someone saying they have tickets already they are lying.
- Tickets to the 56th Inaugural Ceremonies will be provided free of charge and distributed through Members of Congress. Contact your member of Congress to find out what you need to do. Most likely they’ll put you on a list and then you can take your chances from there.
- Tickets will then be distributed as close as the day before the inauguration.
- Some websites are offering parade route tickets starting at 600 bucks and going up to 1400. I’d check into that further, this is probably for the bleacher seating but for free you can get there early and stand on the street.
- The inaugural balls have not been scheduled yet but when they are we’ll give you all of the details on that also.
To find your Congressperson you can go here and enter your zipcode.
We’ll be dropping more details as we get closer and find out more. Do you plan on attending the inauguration and if so are you bringing any kids?