I love soups but this butternut squash soup with lump crab has to be one of my favorites! It is so good that it makes me feel all oooey gooey inside! The crab was the perfect addition; it takes the flavor over the top and beyond! Just biting into those chunks of crab and at the same time enjoying the butternut squash flavor will knock your socks off! If you are looking for a great soup for dinner, lunch or a gathering, you’ve found the right one honey! It is delicious!! Hope you enjoy and share the flavor love!!
oh yeah baby ~ can’t wait to dig in
who knew this goodness wouldn’t take much
whew that soup is good
CREAMY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH LUMP CRAB
1 4-pound butternut squash
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 ½ cups chicken broth
2 tsp. unsalted butter
½ cup diced shallots
1 lb. container of jumbo lump crab meat
2 tsp. crushed garlic
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. ground sage
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. old bay seasoning (plus ¼ tsp. to go on top of individual servings)
½ tsp. granulated sugar
¼ tsp. parsley for each individual serving
READY, SET GO:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking pan with Reynolds Parchment Paper
- Place butternut squash on baking pan and roast in oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until butternut squash is tender
- Once butternut squash is roasted, remove from oven and allow to cool
- While butternut squash is cooling, melt butter in a medium sauce pan and add shallots, allow to cook until shallots are tender
- Once butternut squash is cooled, cut in half and scoop out seeds and stringy flesh, remove the butternut squash from the skin and add to a blender. Also add the chicken broth, crushed garlic, sea salt, ground black pepper, sage, cinnamon, old bay, granulated sugar and shallots. And puree until silky smooth.
- Add soup to sauce pan over medium heat, add the heavy whipping cream and whisk until fully incorporated, allow to cook for 5 minutes
- Add lump crab to soup (reserve some to add on top of soup for individual servings) and allow to continue cooking for another 5 minutes
- Serve in bowl with some crackers and don’t forget to add some lump crab to middle of individual servings and top with extra old bay seasoning and parsley
- ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY
TIP ~ this can be served for lunch or dinner, my hubby ate his with a garden salad
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
Utokia this looks really good and sounds really easy. I’m not ordinarily a squash kind of girl but now that I’m eating healthy I’ve been trying lots of new foods. Can’t wait to give this one a try. Just bought spaghetti squash the other day. Don’t know what to do with it yet but I’m branching out. Thanks for the recipe.
how to use julienne peeler says
Howdy! This iss my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and
starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
Your blog provided us beneficial information to wrk on. You have done
a marvellous job!