Healthy never tasted this good! Hmm is it the pan seared salmon or the cherry tomatoes in the arugula salad or maybe its the sweet citrus vinaigrette dressing that has my heart filled with butterflies! This was a fun recipe for me to develop because it has some of my favorite ingredients, salmon and anything salad citrus.
Healthy but YUM YUM YUM Eating
Just a dusting of flour and BAM a beautiful crunchy delicious sear is a comin
This sweet citrus vinaigrette is so OMG good
There is that beautiful sear I love
Up close and very personal
PAN SEARED SALMON INGREDIENTS:
2-4 slabs of salmon
2-3 tbsp. corn oil
Herbed butter (1/2 stick room temperature unsalted butter + 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, 2 tbsp. cilantro and 1 ½ tbsp. thyme – all finely chopped and 1 tsp. crushed garlic)
½ cup flour mixture (wondra flour + 2 tsp. sea salt, 2 tsp. white pepper)
¼ tsp. sea salt and ¼ tsp. white pepper to season salmon
SWEET CITRUS VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of half a grapefruit
Juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp. honey
¼ cup corn oil
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
¼ cup chopped red onion
1-2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
½ tbsp. granulated sugar
3-4 cups baby arugula
½ cup thinly sliced red cabbage
½ cup red cherry tomatoes sliced in half
½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes sliced in half
READY, SET, GO:
- To prepare to sear the salmon, add corn oil to Pan over medium/high heat and allow oil to get hot
- Season each piece of salmon with sea salt and white pepper (bottom and top), lightly sprinkle with flour mixture, once oil is hot, add 2 pieces (do not over crowd the pan) of salmon to the pan bottom side up and allow to sear 2-3 minutes, then turn over and allow the bottom to sear 2-3 minutes
- LET’S MAKE THE HERBED BUTTER (as soon as you add the salmon to the pan so you can be ready) ~ mix half a stick of room temperature unsalted butter with the cilantro, rosemary, thyme, sea salt, garlic and white pepper until incorporated
- Once the salmon is done, add 1 tbsp. of herbed butter to the pan, as it melts tilt the pan a little so the oil and butter are easy to spoon out and spoon the melted herbed butter over the salmon, do this 2-3 times, then remove salmon from the pan to a plate and allow to rest 1-2 minutes before adding to top of salad
- LET’S MAKE THE SALAD DRESSING ~ to a medium bowl add the lemon juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, honey, corn oil, red wine vinegar, red onion, sea salt, black pepper and granulated sugar and whisk together until incorporated
- LET’S MAKE THE SALAD ~ toss the baby arugula, red cabbage, yellow and red cherry tomatoes together and drizzle with the sweet citrus vinaigrette dressing, top with salmon and add dressing a bit more dressing over the salmon and ENJOY!!
Excellent Green Smoothie ingredients, Can’t wait to try recipe.
Sweet Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing sounds like a great addition to top off the salmon without a salad.
Thanks for sharing, Daughter of God, Our Father – Me, too!