This one is for my Husband! He loves cooked apples and loves apple Crostata. So I created this Raspberry Apple Croissant just for him. I am sharing with you because well it is delicious! I said “Honey should I post it on the Blog”? His answer was “For sure because this right here is a WINNER”!! I also gave some to my mother who also loved loved loved it. This dessert is a big hit for gatherings and special events! Hope you Enjoy as much as my family has!
OH YEAH BABY!
RASPBERRY APPLE CROISSANT INDULGENT
INGREDIENTS FOR CROISSANT:
2 cans of refrigerated seamless croissant/crescent dough sheets
½ stick of melted butter + 2 tbsp. melted butter (brush top after baking)
1 egg beaten + 2 tsp. water
INGREDIENTS FOR COOKED APPLES:
3 apples, peeled and sliced
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ stick softened unsalted butter
INGREDIENTS FOR RASPBERRY TOPPING
1 6 oz. bag of frozen raspberries, defrosted
½ cup water
1/3 cup granulated sugar
READY, SET GO:
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- For cooked apples, add apples, sugar, nutmeg, ground cinnamon and unsalted butter to a large skillet over medium heat, allow to cook covered for 10-15 minutes, once done set aside
- For raspberry topping, add raspberries, water and granulated sugar to medium sauce pan, bring to a boil, then turn to medium heat and allow to cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes, once done, set aside
- Line round baking tin with pan lining paper, non stick aluminum foil or parchment paper and lay one can of the seamless croissant/crescent dough to the lined round baking tin allowing some to hang over to fold over later
- Add cooked apples on top of croissant/crescent dough, place the other can of seamless croissant/crescent dough on top of cooked apples, fold any hanging dough over to completely cover cooked apples, pour unsalted melted butter all over top and brush top with egg wash
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a nice golden brown, remove from oven, brush melted butter on top, lift pan lining paper, non stick aluminum foil or parchment paper out of pan and slide Croissant/Crescent onto serving
- Slice and add raspberry topping to each slice, serves well with vanilla bean ice cream!
Now check out how it’s done by clicking the pages below.
Sizzle Sizzle Baby