There’s no better time to be in love, than the summer. After hibernating all winter, it’s time to get out and enjoy the easy living that comes along with summer. Here are 11 dates you have to do this summer:
- Local free events. Summer welcomes plenty of outdoor festivals, parades, and concerts. The cherry on top, is most of the time they’re FREE. Of course you’ll have to pay for food and novelties, but the experience is priceless, and bound to be one of your favorite memories. If you live in Chicago, check out this list of things to do this summer. Also, here’s a massive list of free things to do in Atlanta this summer.
- Simple summer walk. Why? Because they are thee absolute best. It doesn’t matter if it’s day or night. Nothing beats a simple walk around the neighborhood with your boo, holding hands, discussing everything and nothing.
- Wedding date. Because it’s the perfect reason to put on your Sunday’s best, gush over newfound love, and be reminded why you two fell for each other in the first place.
- Joy ride. These are perfect for those moments when you just want to get outof the house for a quick moment. Sometimes a drive through your favorite scenic neighborhood in your city is enough to set the mood.
- Ice cream. Because who doesn’t like ice cream? Especially on a summer day 🙂
- Watch a sunrise. One of the best dates my husband and I ever did was watch the sunrise. If you’ve never seen a sunrise before, please do yourself a favor, and experience that free miracle asap. It’s extremely powerful to witness. Our lives are always on the go. We had a chance to sit and be still. It was also the perfect time to talk to God, and thank him for blessing us with each other.
- Watch a sunset.
- Rooftop dining. Take advantage of the warm weather and scenery by dining on a rooftop.
- Farmer’s market. If your local farmer’s market is anything like ours, it’s the perfect opportunity for a day date. You’ll get to stock up on fresh produce and enjoy a fresh cooked meal.
- Water or amusement park. Because the child in you should never have to die. It’s summer, live a little.
- Try something new. It doesn’t matter if it’s a new experience, or a new restaurant, get out of your comfort zone this summer. If you’re in Chicago, here’s a list of Black owned businesses to support while you’re out on your date.
What are you waiting for? Forward this list to your love and begin planning your next summer date now. Hurry, winter is always coming. Enjoy it while it lasts.
BMWK – give us more great summer dates to add to this list. Do you think the summertime is the best time for dating?