One of my facebook buddies was having a moment. She’d read an article entitled “11 Signs He’s Not Headed Toward a Relationship With You” and stated at the end of her post description that she wanted a relationship. After reading the article, it did feel very discouraging.
So I decided to do some research for my friend and get a man’s perspective of what he wants and looks for in a woman when entering a relationship. I asked my husband and his friend (that isn’t married) what they look for in a relationship and what would make them get down on one knee.
So here are their “11 Signs He’s Headed Toward a Relationship With You…Because This Is What He’s Looking For”:
- Friendship – We have to be friends in order to develop into something more
- Open Communication – We have to be able to talk about anything. A man wants you to always be totally up front with him about everything. He can respect the truth and wants the opportunity to decide how he will react to it.
- Common Goals and Friendships – We have to be heading in the same direction. Its also important to have some common friends that are like minded as well.
- Spirituality is key – We both have to believe that God will guide us in our relationship and keep us focused and together when we can’t do it ourselves.
- A woman should look like a woman – A woman should keep herself up. Look soft, touchable and inviting.
- Leave the baggage – They simply said dump the baggage so that you don’t make a good man bad. What he did is he gave me a chance to show you what a good man is. You have to be happy to make me happy.
- Don’t be selfish – My husband said it would have been a deal breaker for us if I hadn’t unlocked the door for him after he let me in the car. He said that would have showed selfishness. Men look for character traits in just like women.
- A man wants his woman to be driven – A woman has to want something in life and be willing to go after it.
- Attentiveness – Show him the same attentiveness as you did when you were dating. A man loves attention from his woman.
- True love – Men want a woman to place them in their life according to who they are and not for what they can do, what position they hold or what they can provide. He will be able to genuinely feel it and then he know you got his back.
- A place of refuge – A man looks to his woman to be strong. A person he can let his guard down with and relax around. He wants his woman to know that it doesn’t lessen him to cook or clean it only sweetens the pot!
After interviewing these guys I knew this would give some hope to those looking for a relationship and those looking for tips on maintaining one. Most articles detailing relationships may focus on issues and not the positive. However, you should know that there are people out there who want relationships and are willing to put forth effort to make them work.
Men, did my husband and his friend leave anything out? If so, let us know in the comment section below.