You never know what to expect in the dating game. It has it’s ups and downs, it’s challenges and it’s rewards. I have been blessed though. No, I have not found that special one yet, but I won’t complain. I’ve dated a few guys (nothing serious) and although romantic relationships weren’t in God’s plan for us, we remained friends. One of which is my best friend. How cool is that?
Whether you’re single and ready to mingle or taking a break from the dating scene, there’s a lesson to be learned.
Here’s what I’ve learned as a single woman:
1. Leave a man for God, but never leave God for a man.
2. Never be reckless with someone else’s heart, and never tolerate those who are reckless with yours.
4. Being single doesn’t always mean lonely, just as being in a relationship doesn’t always mean happy.
5. Some people get into relationships with only one focus: THEMSELVES.
6. A man without God, is a man I can live without.
7. Bad relationships can make us better or bitter. Trusting God makes all the difference.
8. Don’t pass up a good man, looking for a perfect man. Because you’ll never find him.
9. A relationship works best when God is the heart of it.
10. A man’s love shouldn’t be determined by how often he pays for you, but how often he PRAYS for you!
11. Sometimes we get so comfortable in our relationships that we forget the things it takes to keep them.
13. Forgiving someone doesn’t mean you have to stick around.
14. NEVER recycle relationships that need to be replaced.
16. You can’t change anyone. The only thing you can do is pray for them, wish them well, and let God do the changing.
17. I was looking for someone to fill a void that only God could fill.
18. Never make your happiness someone elses responsibility.
19. Love everybody, But it’s okay to love some people from a distance.
20. Take time to heal. Don’t expect your next relationship to heal you. You owe it to yourself, yourself future spouse, and God!
Click here to read the full list at ThePrayingWoman.com.