Are you ready to set sail on the BMWK Marriage Cruise ? This 5 night cruise is set to be the perfect relationship enhancing getaway. In order to ensure that you have the most relaxing, stress and worry free cruise possible, here are a few tips to foolproof cruise packing:
1. Make a list, check it twice: The last thing you want to do when traveling (especially on a ship) is leave something important at home. Now is the time to start making a list of the things you’ll need to take with you.
2. Keep the important stuff close: On your travel day, there are certain things that you’ll need close at hand so make sure to put these in a carry-on or other bag that won’t be checked. Here are a few examples of what to keep close by:
- Travel documents like your passport, ID, plane tickets/boarding passes, itinerary and cruise documents
- Any medications you need to take regularly
- Cash and credit cards
- Cell phone and charger
3. Say goodbye to your checked luggage: Once you board the ship, it can take a while for your checked luggage to be delivered to your stateroom. Some strategic carry-on packing will ensure you don’t have to wait for your checked bags to arrive in your stateroom before you go into vacay mode. Things to put in your carryon:
- A change of clothes
- Bathing suit/Swim trunks
- Sunscreen (yes, it’s necessary)
It may also be a good idea to pack some travel sized toiletries (soap, toothbrush, shave cream, etc.) so that you’re fresh and ready for anything from drinks by the pool to doing the dougie at the bon voyage party
4. What not to wear: The daytime dress code on most ships is resort casual. That means shorts, t-shirts/tank tops, skirts and sundresses are all appropriate. Fellas… those tanks that you wear under your shirts? That’s underwear, not a shirt. I repeat, They. Are. Not. Shirts. The same way women should not walk around wearing just a bra, so should men not walk around wearing these. I tell you this because I love you and I want you to have nice things. Ladies, don’t let slow luggage service rain on your parade! A convertible or multi-way dress in a jersey fabric won’t wrinkle and will give you multiple outfit options without taking up a lot of space. The dinner dress code for the main dining rooms on this 5 night cruise is as follows: 3 Casual, 1 Smart Casual and 1 Formal, defined as:
- Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women
- Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women
- Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women
5. Bonus Cruising Tips:
- Consider your ports of call when packing. Do you plan to do any excursions or other activities that require more sturdy shoes like sneakers or even hiking boots?
- You probably won’t want to do laundry but you can pack laundry helpers like wrinkle releaser, Febreeze, and Tide to go.
- Save room in your suitcase for souvenirs, but consider the costs of overweight baggage on the flight back.
- Staterooms are pretty small and are short on storage space. An over the door organizer will keep toiletries and other extras organized.
- If you’re in an inside stateroom where there are no windows, it’s a good idea to pack an alarm clock.
- You will likely not have cell service on sea days but if you use your phone, make sure you turn off the cellular data to prevent incurring roaming charges.
- Don’t forget the basics! Over the counter meds, memory cards and batteries can be expensive on board or in port. Consider packing ear plugs to block ambient ship noise.
- Once you board the ship, lock important documents like passport, ID’s, and any valuables in the safe.
- Pack in clusters! Two bottoms + 4 tops = 8 different outfits! Add your multi-way dress for at least 7 more options!
BMWK – What say you? How do you pack for a cruise? Are you ready for the BMWK Marriage Cruise?
Have youu ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, whjat you say is important and everything.
However think of if you added some great visuals or videos to give yokur posts more, “pop”!
Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips,
this blog could undeniably be one of the very best in its
niche. Excellent blog!
effective electric razor says
If you desire to obtain a good deal from this piece
of writing then you have too apply these methods too your won website.
My webpage :: effective electric razor