Last week we talked about how to rock your office holiday party AND keep your job, so this week’s holiday party fashion tips are for the more fun non work-related soirees. Festive fashion doesn’t have to be stressful. Use these tips as a guide to mix, match and stay fly all holiday season long!
Statement Necklaces: Whether it’s chunky beads, stones or strings of pearls, holiday party season is a great time to replace your more understated pieces with some that stand out more.
- Fan Chain Statement Necklace, $26 NORDSTROM.COM
- Crystal Frontal Necklace (Juniors), $26 NORDSTROM.COM
- Kate spade New York ‘Imperial Tile’ statement necklace, $278 COM
- Stella & Dot Phoenix Pendant, $118 COM
Metallic Cuff – a bold but simple wide metallic cuff can give a basic outfit a little drama. Perfect for when you don’t wanna try too hard.
Statement Earrings – There’s nothing like a big blingy earring to make you feel like a star. Try them instead of a statement necklace (both at the same time is too much).
- Stella & Dot Chantilly Lace Cuff , $98 COM
- Erickson Beamon Rocks ‘Heart of Glass’ Wide Cuff, $98 COM
- Stella & Dot Reverie Chandeliers, $39 COM
- Tildon Pendant Earrings, $20 COM
A Fab Clutch – Simplify your night , and only carry your must have essentials like lipsticks, ID and cash in a chic clutch.
Tuxedo Jacket – Pop one of these over a dress, skirt, some jeans or tailored pants and you’ll be party ready in no time flat.
- Jessica McClintock Snake Embossed Box Clutch, $62 COM
- Sejour Tuxedo Jacket (Plus Size), $118 COM
- Tuxedo-Inspired Boyfriend Blazer, $23 COM
- MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Elsie’ Box Clutch, $178 COM
Wide-Legged Pants – Wide legs can be a great alternative to a skirt or dress. Wear them with heels and a tailored top to balance the width.
Black Pants – A slim or straight leg black pant is easy to dress up. A cropped tuxedo pant can be paired with your tuxedo jacket for a complete menswear inspired look.
- Alfani Plus Size Wide-Leg Palazzo Pants, $32 COM
- NY Collection Lace-Trim Wide-Leg Pants, $25 COM
- State Stripe Tuxedo Trousers, $98 NORDSTROM.COM
- BEADED TUXEDO STRIPED PANTS, $24.80 Forever 21
Little Party Dress – Black, red, winter white or sparkling a little party dress is an easy choice. Make sure to pay attention to quality and fit here. You don’t want to go to short here and end up looking like a “lady of the night”.
A Gown – If you’re not into the little dress idea, try grabbing a maxi length dress in a bold pattern or luxe fabric like velvet or sequins.
Bold Separates – Here we’re talking sequin, glitter, feathers or other bold textiles. With separates you can wear them together or wear the top one day and the bottom another and get the most bang for your buck.
Glam Coat – Why rock a boring coat? Grab a statement coat that’ll keep you fly AND warm. Try jewel tones, faux fur or bold prints to get started.
- Vince Camuto Stripe Sequin Sheath Dress, $148 COM
- Vince Camuto Metallic Jacquard V-Neck Dress, $148 COM
- Love Squared Plus Size Embellished Sweater Dress – $35 COM
Jewel-Toned Shoe – I for one am not a fan of freezing my toes off in the name of fashion, so I prefer to grab a pair of interesting pumps or booties to take my outfits up a notch. Look for details like rhinestones and other bling that scream party time.
Classic Black Pump– If that’s not your thing, stick with the classic black pump and you’ll never go wrong.
- Mayala – ShoeDazzle, $39.95
- Galactik – ShoeDazzle, $39.95
- Ayemeline – ShoeDazzle, $39.95
- Shari – ShoeDazzle, $39.95
What say you BMWK? Are you holiday ready? What would you add to the list?