Your whole life changes when you become a parent. Most of the time parenthood is wonderful. Other times it can be downright stressful. I, personally, sometimes have to laugh to keep from crying when things get rough around here. I am so not the person I was BEFORE I became a mom. Which is why I came up with a fun list of reasons that you KNOW you’re a parent.
You know you’re a parent when…
1. You feel like a trip to Target [or the bathroom] alone is a mini-vacation.
2. You sound like your mama!
3. Your TV is still on the Disney channel and the kids are asleep.
4. You’re in the shower and SWEAR you hear your baby/child crying.
5. You always have [baby] wipes handy.
6. Your car/minivan floor and backseat are nicely decorated with old, petrified French fries.
7. You own a minivan.
8. Your family and friends stop asking about YOU…always about the kids.
9. Your smartphone is filled with kids’/educational/game apps.
10. You say, “Yayyyy!” at least daily.
11. You download the radio/clean version of your new favorite song from iTunes.
12. You thought that the radio version of your new favorite song was the ONLY version of the song.
13. You unnecessarily S-P-E-L-L words.
14. Your social calendar is filled with appointments, playdates, recital and game schedules.
15. You know what a rainbow loom is.
16. You find rainbow loom bands everywhere in your house…EVERYWHERE!
17. You know the words the Disney shows’ opening theme songs.
18. You know exactly who Austin, Ally, Jesse and Charlie are.
19. You start to really appreciate your parents, more and more every day!
20. You’re in the store hear a random, “Mommy” and you naturally turn around KNOWING it’s not your kid!
Every day as a parent is a blessing, and I definitely know that I’m a different person because of it.
BMWK – Do you have any reasons to add to the list?