When we pray for our children, yes a “general” prayer is better than nothing, but it’s always better to pray specifically for the desires our heart when it comes to their well-being. We should pray with a “domino effect” or an in an endless cycle that will always lead to thankfulness for the blessings that we’ve already received and then onto continuous grace and mercy, and basically overall stream of intercession. Even though we have specific prayers, here are some prayers that we, as parents, can pray for our children.
Lord, I pray that my child(ren) will:
- Be a blessing to others. Show others WHO You are and WHAT You are and may their actions be acceptable unto You.
- Come to know You and Your goodness in the early stages of their life.
- Receive wisdom and understanding from You and only You. Let Your voice be clear and may they be still (and close enough) to You to hear You when You speak.
- Be covered and protected from dangers seen and unseen. Let those (adults, teachers, caregivers) that we entrust with their care be free from evil and always avoid wrong-doing
- Despise anything that does not bring glory to Your name.
- Be surrounded by the right kind of friends.
- Be respectful to those in authority.
Leave a Reply