Valentine’s Day is almost here which means that many of us are getting ready for a date night with that special someone. Hubby and I usually default to our favorite sushi spot on our date nights, but I was thinking we should step out of our comfort zone and try something different. In the spirit of breaking tradition, here are 14 date ideas to for you and your boo:
- Play Dress Up: Grab yourself (or your lady) some new lingerie. Whether it’s a sexy cop, naughty nurse or some other sultry ensemble, a little fashion show will add some spice to the night.
- Relax Together: A couples massage is a great way for both of you to spend time together and release some tension.
- Or… Give Each Other Massages: Grab some candles, oils and your favorite sexy playlist and take turns giving each other a rubdown.
- Sunrise, Sunset: Pick a romantic spot, pack some snacks and make plans to watch the sunrise or sunset together. It may sound cheesy, but there’s a reason why this is so romantic… it’s beautiful.
- Words With Friends: Attend a poetry open mic night and enjoy some poetry with your babe. Got skills? Hop on the mic and share a poem about love.
- Make it a Game Night: Whether its board games, twister, truth or dare or something else, having a game night with your boo is a great way to spend time together.
- Make it a Movie Night: Pop in your favorite romantic flicks, pop some popcorn and snuggle up for an all night love fest.
- Shake a Tail Feather: I’ve been trying to get my hubby to go salsa dancing with me forever. If your partner is down, put on your dancing shoes, head to a dance class or club and get jiggy with it (do people still say that?).
- Heat Things Up: Get in the kitchen and whip up a romantic meal with your sweetie. Challenged in that department? Head to a cooking class together and learn some new skills.
- Get Artsy: Head out to your favorite museum or art gallery and get inspired by the beauty. Wanna stay in? Grab some art supplies and create your own masterpieces.
- Om…: Stretch and sweat with a couples yoga class.
- Get Active: I’m an island girl so I’m not a big fan of cold weather activities, but if it’s your thang, skiing, snowboarding, ice skating or similar activities would be a great out of the box way to spend the day. When you’re done, warm up with some hot cocoa or something a little more grown up like a hot toddy.
- Laugh together: Hit up a local comedy club and share some laughs with your love.
- Spend the Day in Bed: This is definitely my idea of a good time. Have breakfast, binge watch your favorite series or do whatever else you’d do in bed *wink*. This would be extra awesome at a hotel with room service.
- Valentine’s Day…The Remix: Recreate your very first Valentines date.
BMWK, which one do you want to do the most?