Well, it’s the last month of 2017. For many singles, the year has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of crazy! Whether you’ve been hooked up through a mutual friend, swiped your way through Tinder, or took a chance on a co-worker, you have yet to meet your soulmate. If you find yourself at a loss when it comes to the dating scene, help is on the way.
Recently, we posed a question to our married audience on Facebook, asking them to give us their best dating advice for the coming year. Here are our top 12, one for every month!
- Don’t toss your pearls to the pigs. Let God choose your mate! From my own, personal experience I know it works.
- Date outside the box..meaning date the ones you wouldn’t have given a chance.
- NEVER, NEVER, NEVER lower your standards. Don’t apologize for your intelligence, your career, your money. It’s yours, like your body, so don’t give it away. Your biological clock is not ticking. Janet Jackson just had a baby at 54.
- Look very Carefully at his or her ways!!! DON’T rush things….seek God first!!
- Don’t ever settle! Have standards. Be patient. Communicate in person.
- Stay true to yourself and your core values. When you do this, you will attract people with similar morals and values.
- Stop searching for your mate…find a friend…find a comrade…find a support system…find a teacher…find a selfless lover…find a companion who will compromise for you…find your PERSON and you will find your Soulmate.
- Be realistic and reasonable, but maintain your standards. Also, be self aware and be 100% sure of your worth. Pray that God gives you clarity in identifying him or her. Recognize that a person may not check all the boxes on your list at that time, but it doesn’t mean that they won’t in time. (Keep in mind you aren’t perfect either). Also, what you think you need is not always what you need. That’s where prayer comes in.
- Be transparent.
- Advice for ladies: give those nerds a chance to love you good. Ladies be missing out on good dudes because they don’t give the nerdy dude a chance.
- Stick to it! At times, you’ll get discouraged so you must keep going. Write down what you want and don’t settle, don’t compromise or dumb yourself down. Go to quality places to meet different types and do things differently. Date outside your race. Don’t make yourself available or waste your time on NO WIN situations. Ask friends if they know single people.
- Make your expectations known. If you don’t want kids, let it be known. If you’re just looking for fun, let it be known. If you’re looking for a spouse, let it be known. If that person isn’t on the same page, don’t waste too much time trying to change people.
And there you have it folks. If you desire to have a special relationship in 2018, or simply find yourself in need of a date, pick the advice that works best for you and let 2018 be your year to shine!
BMWK, which advice was your favorite?